i've been playin for 2 1/2- 3 months with a $170 epiphone. Not a bad guitar, i just need a new one. my mom will let me get one this christmas so i just gotta pick one out. I've decided on either a strat or a tele. and, if that doesn't work out, an epiphone prophecy futura fx or an ibanez RG350DX would work good too. all of these are in the $500 range to $600 range. Is this too much for a 2nd guitar?
dude.....youve been playing for 3 months and need a new guitar..dont be like that stick with the current one
Just one question why do you need a new one this early? I played over a year and then got me a new one. I think it's pretty unnecessary to spend so much money if you already have good guitar.
Do you really need a new one? Cause you can always save up money and get something great in the end I got like 4 300$ guitars apart from my LP. I would really prefer to have one 1200$ worth acoustic instead lets say. It's quality over quantity! Think about it, although getting something new is tempting, just take into consideration what other options are out there. Whatever you choose though, have fun
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
thanks guys. you guys are right. i should probably just stick with my own. :-) only problem is, im poor so i dont think ill be able to get a 1200 dollar guitar anytime within the next 7 yrs.
Quote by spoing24
thanks guys. you guys are right. i should probably just stick with my own. :-) only problem is, im poor so i dont think ill be able to get a 1200 dollar guitar anytime within the next 7 yrs.

Same here dude just hang on to your money and wait.
did you consider an amp?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Ive been playing about two to three years and I'm about to buy a new guitar, because mine is starting to have noticable damage from various things, for instance, my bridge is about to fall apart, among other things.
Instead of getting a new one, unless theres something BROKEN about yours, i would suggest customizing it, like maybe better pickups or something along that lines. But it is christmas, so go for it if u found one u really think is awesome.