ok. my grandfather is possibly the nicest person in the world, he says he'll spend $4000 on getting a pro quality recording studio. so i am making a list of stuff that ill need (condenser mics, a new computer, ect..) but i dont know weather i should get sonar 7/8 or cubase 4. also, the reason im saying sonar 7/8 is cus there the same price on Samash.com. oh and also. im not sure if it matters but im gonna try and make like more electronic stuff, like the postal service. sooo if any of u guys could help i would give you 10,000 mental notes of appreciation.
Give her the gift that keeps on giving: Mexican jumping beans.
Try to obtain both if you know what i mean

in other unrelated comments, did you know that software can be downloaded from the internet illegally
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Jesus Christ. 4000 Bucks. Better make it big

I think you should find other means of getting the software and buy the stuff that has to be physically present in higher quality.
Get Reason 4 and if you are getting a mac (which I would advise if you're going to do this properly) seriously think about getting Logic 8 Pro.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
lol im not getting a mac. but ya. so cubase 4 i guess. also, what kinda pc should i get?
cubase 4 has a lot of faults why not just get sx3 of a torrent? ableton is good as well. Main thing is you can use it easily there is no sound difference between them if thats what you are thinking.

computer wise depends what your running but i have to use an overclocked quadcore 4gb RAM and its still laggy.
Cubase or Reason.

Sonar sucks balls IMHO.

Hell it even sucks at sucking balls.

And it sucks more balls than Pamela Anderson on a good day.

Whilst sucking at it.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I have Reason and I'm pretty sure it's a sequencer and not an acoustic recorder.

I've always used Sonar and it's worked out pretty well.

But if you're going for professional, Pro Tools and Logic 8.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
As a music tech student, i'm going to recommend Cubase 4 and Reason if you're getting a pc, or Pro-Tools if you're getting a mac.

I find that reason is pretty useless by itself, but using rewire makes it really useful.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
lol im sensing apple fanboys in my presence. w/e.. is Logic 8 that much better? lol like what can you do in logic that you cant do in cubase?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Cubase or Reason.

Sonar sucks balls IMHO.

Hell it even sucks at sucking balls.

And it sucks more balls than Pamela Anderson on a good day.

Whilst sucking at it.

Any reasons? I have Sonar 7 and I think it's brilliant.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Any reasons? I have Sonar 7 and I think it's brilliant.

lol i know. *coughf* apple fanboys. lol jk
wait.. whats pro-tools? does anybody know if mac can run Visual studios 2005? cuz if so i might as well get a mac.
pro tools is the ultimate recording studio software for a computer, problem is they stopped making it for pcs and its a mac exclusive. truthfully macs are far superiour to pcs for recording and such just for the fact of stability and the way macs priortize which programs are running and which are more important. plus since macs are now made with intel parts you can actually use anything for pcs on a mac, which really leaves you in a much better position when it comes to options. but yeah pro tools is by far the best way to go, but if not go with cubase wired into reason, you'll have a lot more options of what you can do with it.
I love Sonar 7, but if you have the money then get Pro-Tools.
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks