Poll: Are you the lover of body,soul,whatever else is left?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you the lover of body,soul,whatever else is left?
I am the lover of body
3 3%
I am the lover of soul
22 21%
I am somewhere in between
40 39%
I am the lover of FAP
38 37%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 2
Now that you're here, reading this thread, i may high five myself for getting your attention...

Anyways after doing my Philosophy readings, i wanna ask you something...

Are you the lovers of body or soul?
Support your answer plzZZZ

btw the whole idea of this thread came after reading Plato's Phaedo
dude your moms a freak!
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
I picked soul cause i figured that was your Mums name

DID I WIN!?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Could you go into more detail please? I still don't know how this connects to your mom.

Valdean's sig is dead sexy.
I am a lover of your mom.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Sylvanus
Could you go into more detail please? I still don't know how this connects to your mom.

Valdean's sig is dead sexy.

are you american?
dude, your mom is a total babe.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by travd92
dude, your mom is a total babe.

I heard she's nasty.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
I'm definetely in between, there's different kinds of love, love of the body (love of the flesh if you might call it) which if I'm correct is lust, and I think its perfectly alright to lust over something, whether the body in question is human, or it might be the body of a priceless possession like a necklace that you might have wanted for a long time, or a car or something that you value very much, but its just superficial.

Love of the soul is completely different, while I feel both, the love for my mother is not the same as the love for my girlfriend, I love both of their souls but, one is a love that is eternal and always consistant, love for your girlfriend's soul can be corrupted and it can be taken away, because while she's a part of you somewhere inside, she's a removable part. Your mother however much you hate her or however much you dont care about her, in some way shape or form, you'll still think about her and the good times you've shared, if you have. At least in the way that I grew up, I was always thought that a mother's love is never replaced, again its just my philosophy in what I grew up with.
icwutudidthere, very good. i hover my mouse over the thread title so before clicking so i know wuts coming, gave me a good laugh.

and to answer the question i believe both are equally important. as well as the mind
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Ummmm, considering there is no soul, body?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by free_thinker999
Now that you're here, reading this thread, i may high five myself for getting your attention...

Pfff, I may high five YOUR MOM after getting HER attention.

Last night.

In the port-a-potty.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by bob farrell
Ummmm, considering there is no soul, body?

Are you thinking spiritually, hypathetically (sp?) or in actuality?
I differ everyday, when I'm getting intimate with my girlfriend, or eating after being very hungry for prolonged periods of time, or falling to sleep when I'm exhausted, I'm a lover of the body.

When all those needs are satisfied I turn my attention to the soul.

I think that's what you're talking about?
Quote by Eric 666
Are you thinking spiritually, hypathetically (sp?) or in actuality?

In actuality, there is no 'soul', spiritually speaking, there may be something you might describe as a soul, a sort of innate lifeforce that thrives in every living thing, in reality, there is only mind for sure, no body or soul can be confirmed by ourselves.

I think its hypothetically But I don't know for shizzle
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by free_thinker999
are you american?

No, is this some sort of American thing?
Quote by Kensai
I am a lover of your mom.

If you said "...Lover of your mother" that would've been awesome 'cause it ryhmes
Quote by GiantRaven
What about your mum?

+1
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by bob farrell
In actuality, there is no 'soul', spiritually speaking, there may be something you might describe as a soul, a sort of innate lifeforce that thrives in every living thing, in reality, there is only mind for sure, no body or soul can be confirmed by ourselves.

I think its hypothetically But I don't know for shizzle

Ahh, you mentioned something that I liked it, its the mind. I personally think the soul from a realistic point of view is a combination of a lot of things, your moral views, your standards, your level of confidence, what you're willing to do for others and yourself, how good hearted you are by nature, how selfish you are, or how not, how open minded etc. In my personal opinion, that's what the soul is, your individual character. I'm speaking in actual terms. In spiritual terms, hell it might be the same thing, or it might be a ball of light inside your stomach We'll never know really.
Quote by af_the_fragile
she's dorty....

Dorty?

I wish I was dorty.

Hell, I wish everyone was.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by Eric 666
I cant quote your whole post as my computer freezes when I make a big post on UG sorry .

That is true, the idea of a soul just being your individually unique essence, your ideals, the things that make you you, that is your 'soul' really.

I think it is more related to your fate, purpose if you like, soul is just you, what you are doing and are bound to do in the future, the overall consequences of your existence.Your essence if you will. At least that what I think it is personally. But you're right there.

I heard before that there is a weight loss that is unaccounted for when you die, like you lose something in terms of weight and they don't know why, and they say that is your soul leaving your body
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by Craigo
...I still struggle to see why Plato is held so highly. His work is primitive at best.

Maybe in a few years they'll be talking about you as a legendary philosopher, 'Craigo, similarly to Socrates, believed . . . . .'

But yeah, there are far more interesting philosophers, I cant remember the name of that guy, but his student was called Xeno I believe, his paradoxes are quite interesting if ridiculous.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Your mom is plato?
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.