Hey,

just doing some early christmad shopping/ browsing and im wondering what are your opinions on these two basses, i know that there is a diffrence of £100+ between them, but that aside, does any one have any experience with either bass?

schecter:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_stiletto_extreme_4_bch.htm

ESP

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_f_4e_ng.htm

Im playing through a Korg PX5D at the moment, i will be be getting a new bass amp sometime in the future, but for now the bass will have to sound good through this, does anyone know what active pick-up's sound like through this?

Also im really, i mean really liking the look of the ESP

Ohh and if i buy the shecter i can probably get it way before christmas, were as the ESP would have to wait until after, so if there really isnt that much diffrence apart from looks then ill just get the shecter, becuase i dont know the meaning of patients
even though i love the look of ESP's, i like schecters more. mainly because of the necks.

ESP's have pretty thick necks. i prefer a thinner neck so id go with the schecter.
-Christian?
schecter. always schecter.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
the LTD (ESP) is made of materials that are a good deal better than that schecter, i'd wait if you have the patience especially if you like the looks of the LTD (ESP) better anyways.
Thank's for the feed back

Hmm about the neck i have a 4 string bass at the moment with a thin neck and it actaully hurt's my hands/ wrist when using this neck due to it being thin. however if i can i will try both out and see which neck i prefer, thanks for giving me the info on the necks though

hmm why shecter though, are ESP not that great at basses?

Yea i see that it uses mahogany on the ESP and basswood on the shecter, but with active electronics this wouldnt make to much of a diffrence right, well maybe the sound might be a tad brighter on the shecter but i could live with that.

Hmm i really do like the looks of it, but i dunno... ill have to think about it quite abit i think

I was just thinking, i have a 4 string at the moment, would it be better to get a 5 or maybe even 6 string bass.. or are they not really worth it?
the only thing better about the esp is that it is neck thru which normally holds a tune longer, but i would get the schecter...
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by Daniel8488
Thank's for the feed back

Hmm about the neck i have a 4 string bass at the moment with a thin neck and it actaully hurt's my hands/ wrist when using this neck due to it being thin. however if i can i will try both out and see which neck i prefer, thanks for giving me the info on the necks though

hmm why shecter though, are ESP not that great at basses?

Yea i see that it uses mahogany on the ESP and basswood on the shecter, but with active electronics this wouldnt make to much of a diffrence right, well maybe the sound might be a tad brighter on the shecter but i could live with that.

Hmm i really do like the looks of it, but i dunno... ill have to think about it quite abit i think

I was just thinking, i have a 4 string at the moment, would it be better to get a 5 or maybe even 6 string bass.. or are they not really worth it?

I find more strings makes the neck much more wider and thicker, which may work well if you like thick necks. Also, it allows lots of extended range with octaves and less movement around the neck if you get me. I like it a lot.