Looking to pick up the 31 band for about $ 179.00. Is this an oka unit or will it rob some SQ from the system even if on bypass. My experience has always been better sound quality with less plug ins in the system, but some better quality units are okay to have. I just do not want to spend $ 500 on an eq.

My system will be an H&K Triamp Mk II and Orange cbinet. I would like to be able to refine sounds with an eq if necessary for certain tones.
a 31 band eq for guitar is pretty unnecessary, those EQ's are for PA systems
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Yeah, I know. I wont use it much and be on bypass most of the time, but I am pretty good with an eq.
Still doesn't change the fact that it's utterly pointles - the majority of those frequencies simply don't apply to the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The thing is, many of those bands will be wasted. This is my opinion, but anything below 100hz and above say 17khz is totally useless for a guitar. I'd get a nicer 15 band or something for maybe a bit more.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
The thing is, many of those bands will be wasted. This is my opinion, but anything below 100hz and above say 17khz is totally useless for a guitar. I'd get a nicer 15 band or something for maybe a bit more.

Makes total sense. I just saw this eq cheap and thought why not.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
a 31 band eq for guitar is pretty unnecessary, those EQ's are for PA systems

yea large EQs are to tweak room noise...take out echo and feedback...

Also Behringer gear is cheap and works sometimes but they are very unreliable...I would not buy from them again...
Quote by moody07747
yea large EQs are to tweak room noise...take out echo and feedback...

Also Behringer gear is cheap and works sometimes but they are very unreliable...I would not buy from them again...

Awesome. I will steer clear. Thank you.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
It's a Behringer...
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I use a 15 band behringer EQ, works perfectly for me.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
yeah. Behringer products are not built very well. they'll break on you left and right, externally and internally. i would only recommend them if you're on a budget, then they're okay, but only for the time that they last. they're very unreliable, so i would recommend something better built and better sounding. everything about Behringer isn't top notch, they sound pretty bad as well.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
yeah. Behringer products are not built very well. they'll break on you left and right, externally and internally. i would only recommend them if you're on a budget, then they're okay, but only for the time that they last. they're very unreliable, so i would recommend something better built and better sounding. everything about Behringer isn't top notch, they sound pretty bad as well.

i'd beg to differ with the sounding bad type deal. have you played using their eq? they might be a bit skimpy on the build quality, but to say they sound "pretty bad" might be pushing it a bit there ;P
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I don't bash Behringer too much, I just agree that their build quality isn't consistan't at all...some products work, others don't...and that changed way too much.

I got a small 802 mixer years ago from them and it was too noisy so I returned it. Then I got a KX1200 a little while after than and still use it today, great product.

So yea some of their products work, others dont...

When it comes to an EQ with a lot of moving parts I would not go with Behringer...