I'm not a guru when it comes to guitar DIY, but I've noticed recently that the action on my RR5FR is fairly high, but the bridge itself is low to the body, about as low as it can get, so my only other idea of what could be causing this is the truss rod. Can anybody give me some advice or a proper diagnosis? Thanks.
Put your allen wrench into the screw for rod by the neck and turn it clockwise to straighten the neck.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
I measured the action on my RR5FR and it's 3mm, is that terribly high?

EDIT: Also, what size of allen key do I use and how far do I turn it? The neck appears to be slightly bowed.
Last edited by AsShadowsRemain at Oct 12, 2008,
iif its a problem with the truss rod, you should notice the frets in the middle of the neck have a higher action than the ones near the nutt and near the pickups. If the bridge is on the body as much as possible then your action won't go any lower without making any more serious adjustments.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
then you need to find an allen wrench that fits your truss rod and fix it
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
I measured the action on my RR5FR and it's 3mm, is that terribly high?

EDIT: Also, what size of allen key do I use and how far do I turn it? The neck appears to be slightly bowed.

dont just turn the truss rod. if you run into resistance and push it, you can break your neck.

instead,

fret the Low E at the first fret, at the same time,
fret the low E last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fret wire there, you dont have enough bend,
if the string is more than a credit cards thixkness up from the wire there, you may have too much.

measure and repost.

for allen wrench size, in inches or metric, you need to look at your manufacturers website, or try many sizes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011