no it wouln't affect the sound you just have to take everything off including the neck if its a simple bolt on

"An Augmented Fourth, Or Diminished Fifth, Depending On Your Outlook On Life"

Painting the electric wont alter the sound, but I warn you, it may turn out as more trouble than it's worth. But yeh, just sound it down to a point where the paint is worn down and no longer smooth, and then prime it.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
You mean if painting an electric guitar would it affect the tone as it would on an acoustic? no, it wouldn't and if it did, it would be very minimal.
Yes, you would have to sand down the paint of the electric in order to re-paint it.
And as for the neck thing, I don't know, what's wrong with it?
if you paint an electric guitar, the sound difference will be minimal, if any.

for that acoustic, it'd be a handful to take care of, but you could refinish it fine, assuming the neck's not warped to hell or broken.

please, don't make 2 threads about the same guitars.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by TrasherFromHell
You mean if painting an electric guitar would it affect the tone as it would on an acoustic? no, it wouldn't and if it did, it would be very minimal.
Yes, you would have to sand down the paint of the electric in order to re-paint it.
And as for the neck thing, I don't know, what's wrong with it?

you can kinda see that it has chips and scrapes in it, i dont know if thats worth fixing, but i want to restore it