apologies for making ANOTHER amp thread, i know a lot come about here

tomorrow i'll hopefully be ordering my ashdown ABM300 head, (the discontinued 325w one)
i was just wondering if there are any problems i would run into with having this head, and if theres anything better in the £400 price range
thanks all =]
-Gear-
Ibanez SR-500
Epiphone EJ-200
PRS SE EG (SSH version)
Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w
Ashdown ABM500 Evo II

Based in Birmingham, available for any bass work.
MSN or email narcolepsy_patrol@hotmail.co.uk
Quote by James Gadd
apologies for making ANOTHER amp thread, i know a lot come about here

tomorrow i'll hopefully be ordering my ashdown ABM300 head, (the discontinued 325w one)
i was just wondering if there are any problems i would run into with having this head, and if theres anything better in the £400 price range
thanks all =]

Good Amps simple to operate; with a great variable octave down facility.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Fantastic amps, I've got the rackmounted 575w version. You realise you could get the 575w for about £60 more?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
£60 more? where did you find the 575 for that much?
thanks for the advice =] ive been in love with ashdown for a while
-Gear-
Ibanez SR-500
Epiphone EJ-200
PRS SE EG (SSH version)
Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w
Ashdown ABM500 Evo II

Plus it's really shiny chrome .

It's a bitch to clean though.
Quote by Bumper

Be careful with that ABM300, I've used a few and as they haven't got some of the newer stuff in them they can be pretty awful. Where I practice has two ones perfect, just doesn't like being turned up too high (the speakers just get crackly and the VU loves to stay in the red) and then the other is awful, it like works only on one volume anything more it crackles anything less and its the same. The VU doesn't work and it hates slapping (makes it sound pretty much like a kick drum, could just be me slapping too hard - doesn't happen on my amp tho). But then again these are in a practice studio that gets uses everyday, so there not gonna be reliable as a new one. Also I second what Jack an' Indie have been saying
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
just ordered the chrome one from soundslive =]
now ill go shit myself with excitement for a while till it arrives
thanks for the help all, i cant wait =]
-Gear-
Ibanez SR-500
Epiphone EJ-200
PRS SE EG (SSH version)
Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w
Ashdown ABM500 Evo II

You won't regret it one bit. What cab are you running it through?
Quote by Bumper

One thing about the future Ashdown products which was initialy 100% British has now moved much of its production to the far east and the U.S with very little taking place in the UK.
Thank God for Matamp, UK Hiwatt, JMI the real vox AC 30 (not the Korg imitations) still being hand built in the UK.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
One thing about the future Ashdown products which was initialy 100% British has now moved much of its production to the far east and the U.S with very little taking place in the UK.
Thank God for Matamp, UK Hiwatt, JMI the real vox AC 30 (not the Korg imitations) still being hand built in the UK.

I was really dissapointed when i found the MADE IN CHINA sign on the back of my new abm combo.
it arrived today (great service form soundslive, ill be heading back to the site again)
all i can say is wow, even if it didnt work id pay the £380 to stand and gawk at it all day, i'd recommend them to anyone =]

any ideas on a cab to complement it? i was thinking the ABM 410 (ofc) or a hartke one with the alu/paper hybrid cones

Edit: Apologies if this is considered necroposting, just thought i'd say how it went =]
-Gear-
Ibanez SR-500
Epiphone EJ-200
PRS SE EG (SSH version)
Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w
Ashdown ABM500 Evo II

Nice , you'll never stop gawking, trust me. It has to be one of the best looking heads on the market.

I got the ABM 115 and I love it, I've played it through some Hartke cabinets too though and it sounded fantastic, in fact I think I preferred it through the Hartke ones.
Quote by Bumper

Good job man on getting one. Ya sounds live always seems to have good deals and quicl postage.
Some people say that ashdown heads sound best with ashdown cabs so i would say actually go and try a few if you can, just to make sure. But a 4x10 would be a good choice. I havnet had much experience with a hartke cabs though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul