Hey guys. I just need advice/recommendations. I want to buy a guitar with ACTIVE pickups. I have:
1. Les Paul studio (replaced pups with BB Pros)
2. American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster w/S-1 switch

As for accoustics, I have been playing NOTHING but Ibanez Artwood Accoustic Guitars.

Being that I like Ibanez accoustics so much, I want to buy an Ibanez electric with ACTIVE pickups/or pickups that sound active. The reason for this is because I want sustain, and I want to use it mainly for learning/playing/practicing scales and for soloing. I really want to increase my speed, dexterity and knowledge of the fingerboard.

When I buy a guitar, I do NOT settle. I am a firm believer in the fact that you get what u pay for. Unfortunately I am on a tight budget so something between $400-$700 would be nice. Thanks!
well i'm not good with actives but do u want a guitar with a hardtail or any other specifics?
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Quote by cboisits
Hey guys. I just need advice/recommendations. I want to buy a guitar with ACTIVE pickups. I have:

As for accoustics, I have been playing NOTHING but Ibanez Artwood Accoustic Guitars.

Being that I like Ibanez accoustics so much, I want to buy an Ibanez electric with ACTIVE pickups/or pickups that sound active. The reason for this is because I want sustain, and I want to use it mainly for learning/playing/practicing scales and for soloing. I really want to increase my speed, dexterity and knowledge of the fingerboard.

When I buy a guitar, I do NOT settle. I am a firm believer in the fact that you get what u pay for. Unfortunately I am on a tight budget so something between $400-$700 would be nice. Thanks!

Active pickups aren't going to increase your speed, dexterity, OR knowledge on the fingerboard. They just increase output, more distortion etc.

I recommend getting an Ibanez and just changing out the pickups for active ones.
^ he's right definitely
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
What amp do you have? Active pickups are designed for valve amps, so they won't do through a transistor amp. And actives are (mostly) designed for heavier music aswell, so if you're gonna be playing metal, there's a good thing.

Not to say there are better guitars for the price rather than Ibanez; just because they're acoustics are good, doesn't mean they're electrics are. Maybe look at ESP/LTD or Jackson.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by cboisits

All the wrong reasons. You dont want active pickups. You just dont know.
Active pickups are only a plus if you have 100miles of stompboxes, or if you have a tube amp that you want to crank and get a natural distortion from (not preamp generated). To boost that distortion, you need active pickups.
In all other cases, active pickups have ABSOLUTELY no advantages over passives.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Try it, I dare you!
That ibanez neck is gonna be like 1/2 as thin as the strat and 1/3 as thin as the les paul.

I'd recommend a set bridge ibanez for that price or if you want a tremolo get an S series (with the ZR trem). Active pickups=/= more sustain necessarily. Also, ibanez's guitars (mainly the S series) are thinner which seems to tend to give them less sustain.