I'll get a chance to buy a new guitar in about a month for up to around $1,400, and I got tons of suggestions but no definitive answer.

The problem is that I don't have much chance to play them around where I live and I'll be in NY for just a little more than a week, so if I'll be buying it on-line I'll have to make a decision soon (possibly in the first 2-3 days I'm there, maybe sooner).

My current setup is an Aria Pro-II Strat guitar HSS going through a Line 6 Constrictor and an Über Metal/Dr. Distorto (interchangeably) to a Fame GTA-15 all-tube amp.

I play a variety of styles (classic rock - The Who, Stones, AC/DC, Van Halen (some licks ) -, some folk, some metal - Metallica -, and modern rock - Chris Cornell, Guns, Lenny Kravitz, Bon Jovi).

Since I got this opportunity, I'd like to buy something that's gonna last and have a nice tone... some guitar that I won't be craving for changing in a few years.

The suggestions I got are:
- Gibson Les Paul Studio ($1000 - $1,400)
- Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS ($1,200)
- Music Man Luke Signature Model ($1500)
- Music Man Steve Morse Signature Model ($1400)
- Music Man Steve Morse Y2D Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo ($1,750)

The last one (MM Steve Morse Y2D) is a good deal out of my league, but if it's definitely worth it I could try selling something around here to get the extra cash to buy it.

I'm also open to new suggestions and please share your opinion on whether it's worth to pay this much on a guitar when it could be possible to buy a Fender American Standard for less (I mean, is the Deluxe really that much better?)

Thanks for helping!
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin
gibson les paul standard

agreed
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
The Gibson LP is fairly overpriced. I personally recommend the Standard Strat.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i got the american, and its amazing. but an LP standard might be even better for you
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Strats ? Les Paul ? wtf. The best you could get is a PRS which is what I'd save my money on, but if you really need to buy another one now, a MusicMan is the best option. I'd go with the Steve Morse Y2D
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Ibzman
Strats ? Les Paul ? wtf. The best you could get is a PRS which is what I'd save my money on, but if you really need to buy another one now, a MusicMan is the best option. I'd go with the Steve Morse Y2D

+1

Musicman guitars are beyond epic and smoke the Fender and Gibson in most categories.
I would suggest a custom built Carvin.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Studio.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.