Quote by THEKID546
neither i say just get a GT8.

+1

the only digitech multi effects that i liked was the gnx4...every thing else was just overdigital
TC Electronic G Major or G sharp if you're on a lower budget
ohai little sig.
GNX4 BIN for $299 eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-DigiTech-GNX4-Guitar-Workstation-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ220293381943QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220293381943&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'd rather have that than the GNX3000. Includes MIDI drums and 8 Track recorder. Plays MP3 "backing track" files and you can add up to 2Gig Compact Flash. Has USB interface. Great unit.
I like the layout of the RP500 better. It looks much nicer than the other.

The switches are spaced more apart, and look easier to see on the floor.
Last edited by leadfootdriver at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by leadfootdriver
I like the layout of the RP500 better. It looks much nicer than the other.

The switches are spaced more apart, and look easier to see on the floor.

looks aren't everything...

i personally haven't had much luck with Digitech products, so i say neither as well. you could take the Boss or Line 6 route with a GT 8/10 or POD XT/X3 or something. i like those alot better. more versatile, better quality, and less digital sounding.

you'll have to scavenger for those used though, because seeing your budget, you can't quite afford any of them.

don't go cheap when it comes to multi-effects, because you'll end up screwing yourself over. quality comes with price, as well as everything else, don't think differently when it comes to pedals.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Digitech has been around at least since the 80's. They know what they're doing. Besides, he asked which one of the 2.

If it was up to me, I'd tell him to cut to the chase, and just go rack with an old Alesis Qudraverb 2. Those are great, and are fully programable. It would come in a lot cheaper than a floor based FX unit.