I am planning on buying one, but I have never tried it. How does it sound? Is it any good? Is it built in America or Mexico?
if its a real one i'd assume it would have been made in america....
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'm pretty sure the 51' is Crafted In Japan.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
It's a new 2007/8 Bass made with new materials, that's all it will ever be until around 2065.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
First off Fitz owns this bass, so you may want to PM him for more info or wait until he responsds to this thread. Unless I am completely mistaken, its a MIJ.

I adore this bass--but its one of those bass I have absolutely no good reason to own from a practical standpoint except that its a really nice classic sounding bass and looks sweet.
I have an MIJ 51 Precision reissue, and they're now CIJ. This is good, considering the 50's Precision reissue is MIM.

The two-saddle bridge is a bit of a drag, and the small frets may be a bit different to the touch, but other than that, it's all gravy. That 51 Precision pickup has all the grunt and bark of a Precision bass, but has a lot of the clarity of a single coil Jazz. Sure, you get the hum, but that means you're getting the full range. There's not a pickup that sounds exactly like it.

Also, besides the all-maple neck, it has the 'proper' 1.625" nut width, not the crazy 1.75" nut width of third and fourth generation Precisions (i.e. maple neck Strat style with the anodized pickguard, and the rosewood necked Strat style).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The C in CIJ stands for 'Crafted' right?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
The C in CIJ stands for 'Crafted' right?

Sure does. Fitz, how is this beast versatility-wise? Is it much different from a normal P in terms of tone? I read your description and now I'm sort of interested, either in this or possibly the '62 reissue with that "crazy 1.75" nut width."
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Wow. I found a demo for one on youtube. I never really liked those until just now, but now they all of a sudden seem so awesome.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
it is very fitting for many styles of music. Weezer, Death Cab For Cutie, Elvis Presley, and ( ) the Damn Dirty Grapes all have bassists who have used theses things. they sound very nice. but you have to play one- it's like playing a Warwick really. you like it or you don't.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Jazzy, check The Barbecue Song for that bass with a pick and flats :P

But as far as versatility goes, it's really as functionally varied as any Precision. However, you may find it's tone to be a bit more 'broad' or dare I say 'hi-fi', so it might not be as whaley as a Precision bass on certain tracks. It's like a P-Bass, just clearer.

And keep in mind that the '62 American Vintage is about 2.5 times the price of a '51 Reissue, which is about 1/3rd more than a 50's reissue.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..