Alright, about a week ago I bought myself a cheap behringer EQ pedal and I was surprised how versatile it is. Depending on the settings it can go from cleans to slayer-like distortion without even touching the amp. However, being a behringer, its awfully noisy and sucks tone.

What would be really useful is a pedal that can store several different eq settings and allow me to cycle through them. I think the big multi-fx boards might be able to do this, but it would be a waste to buy one just for the EQ.

Can anyone recommend me such a pedal?

(tl;dr : looking for a multi preset eq pedal)
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Boss makes one. I believe it's called the EQ 20
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Is that the only one on the market? Its too expensive for what it does. I heard that you can only choose between 1 preset and the manual setting with the pedals.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Personally, I've never seen or heard of anything that's NOT a multi-effects board that will save EQ settings.

If you can't find what you're looking for, check out the MXR Ten-Band EQ, I have one, and I can get TONS of sounds from it, and it doesn't induce any noise at all.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
^Hmm I suppose I could get several good quality single eq's, but that gets expensive. That MXR one is £150, which is beyond my budget if i'm going to buy more than one of them.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by FischmungaXTR
^Hmm I suppose I could get several good quality single eq's, but that gets expensive. That MXR one is £150, which is beyond my budget if i'm going to buy more than one of them.

£150?! I got mine new for $120. I know MXR also makes a 6 band EQ, and I know BOSS makes a 7 band (all stompboxes).

You might search around on e-bay or something like that and see if you can find a lower price.
Gear
Guitar
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Pedals
Boss DS-1
But will anything cheaper than that sound much better than the behringer EQ700 pedal I have?
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

the MXR 6 band will do what my 10 band does, but you don't get the gain/volume levels on top of having only 6 frequencies to play with.

I don't THINK the boss EQ has any kind of volume or gain control seperately either, but I'm not sure. Only played with it once.
Gear
Guitar
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Pedals
Boss DS-1