so i got a mighty mite strat blank which was labeled as sanded and sealed, Ash 2 piece.

so today i strated putting on primer and noticed after the first coat i still have ridges on the whole body (from wood lines.. dunno what their called?)

my plan is to keep on putting primer coats and sand inbetween so as to use the primer as a filler...

any suggestions?

thanks!
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
yeah, thats the grain...ash is an "open grain" wood. sealer does nothing, u have to get grain filler. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Fillers_and_putties/Lawrence-McFadden_Grain_Filler.html
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
so should i continue to use the primer, or sand it off and fill the grains? or use the filler over the primer?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
after i put the filler on should i put sand&sealer over too? (note the body was originally sanded and sealed wen i got it)
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
yes.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking