Yeah, that song that's played on the radio constantly that everyone is sick to death of

I first remixed it at school, using only Cubase's default synthsizers and midi drum kit, during a music tech lesson when the teacher wasn't in school.

I put it on my mate's USB stick for him, then he musta sent it to a couple, because I got messaged saying it was good (it wasn't, it was using all default sounds!), and I decided to make another because it's so easy to do (130 bpm exactly, same chords throughout the whole song)!

So, it's on my profile, comments and criticism? How can I improve it (apart from the bum note at 2:47)?

I've whipped up another version, what you guys think of this? Better? Worse? I'll probably replace the one on my profile with this one.

http://media.putfile.com/I-Kissed-A-Girl-24

Put the second version up on my profile now!

I've made a few more changes, but I think I rushed it a bit.

http://media.putfile.com/I-Kissed-Another-Girl

Thoughts/comments? Better/worse?
Last edited by filthandfury at Oct 19, 2008,
*Ahem*
Did you like it?
Did your boyfriend mind it?

Anyway... Yeah it sounds good, I prefer it to the original tbh, more like this!
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
k, so before larning guitar i was real big into edm (electronic dance music) so i hear remixes and things all the time. its a good start but you really need to go more in depth with it, all in all not bad to start with, but could definitely go a lot deeper into it but thats just my .02
Quote by The Jezereck
k, so before larning guitar i was real big into edm (electronic dance music) so i hear remixes and things all the time. its a good start but you really need to go more in depth with it, all in all not bad to start with, but could definitely go a lot deeper into it but thats just my .02

What sort of thing? My problem is I don't know where to go from there.
yeah... not all that different from the original... you could have played it and i wouldn't have known the difference, but its a good start as The Jezereck said
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
It sounds pretty good but it doesn't quite have the groove of the original. You're a bassist so you could be a simple bass line in there.

EDIT: I'm meaning is that your remix is mostly chords and a beat but the original has a bass doing straight quarter notes in the chorus and the power chords from a guitar. The chorus has the same style as the verse.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by BladeSlinger
It sounds pretty good but it doesn't quite have the groove of the original. You're a bassist so you could be a simple bass line in there.

EDIT: I'm meaning is that your remix is mostly chords and a beat but the original has a bass doing straight quarter notes in the chorus and the power chords from a guitar. The chorus has the same style as the verse.

Actually, I did that in the first remix, I forgot to in this one.

And I know exactly what you mean, it gives it beat, this one seems to lack structure.

I've whipped up another version, what you guys think of this? Better? Worse? I'll probably replace the one on my profile with this one.

That is really good, but if I hear that song one more time I will stab myself in the face. Hmmm, same chord progression as Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera.
Sounds like a carbon copy of the original.

If that's what you were going for, you accomplished it - with spades.

EDIT: Apparently, I missed the point of this remix. So, just ignore this post
Fuck the Scunci Steamer and all who use it!
Last edited by LedFreakin'Zep at Oct 13, 2008,
It was ok, but you didn't do anything crazy different. Maybe beef up the synths etc, because they sound a little thin and in the background in places. If you beef up the stuff you did maybe with some compression, EQ, etc, then I think it will sound a lot better.

Where did you get the acapella vocal?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
It was ok, but you didn't do anything crazy different. Maybe beef up the synths etc, because they sound a little thin and in the background in places. If you beef up the stuff you did maybe with some compression, EQ, etc, then I think it will sound a lot better.

Where did you get the acapella vocal?

Thanks for the tips. Alot of the synths are very bassy, so boosting them too much would sound horrible. I probably should go through it and EQ it properly, and compress some tracks.

I got the acapella from another forum, not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. Let me know if you want it, I can give you the site or I can just upload that acapella for you.
Dude IMO i think for the chorus you should go all drum and bass on it
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
I don't listen to this song but your cover is really good. I like it.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, that song that's played on the radio constantly that everyone is sick to death of

I first remixed it at school, using only Cubase's default synthsizers and midi drum kit, during a music tech lesson when the teacher wasn't in school.

I put it on my mate's USB stick for him, then he musta sent it to a couple, because I got messaged saying it was good (it wasn't, it was using all default sounds!), and I decided to make another because it's so easy to do (130 bpm exactly, same chords throughout the whole song)!

So, it's on my profile, comments and criticism? How can I improve it (apart from the bum note at 2:47)?

Put the second version up on my profile now!

I've made a few more changes, but I think I rushed it a bit.

http://media.putfile.com/I-Kissed-Another-Girl

Thoughts/comments? Better/worse?

i'm stupid but how did you get the vocals alone on a track and take out the instruments on the original?