Well i have my guitar in mind, but my which guitar and amp thread turned up only a few reccomendations on guitars.

I'm getting an Epiphone G-400 and a *****
i was thinking maybe a Roland Cube series

so with a budget of about $400 (maybe a bit more) what can i get
A Squier Affinity Strat, a Squier Vintage Modified Tele.

An AD series Vox, a Crate V18, a used Valve Standard.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Well i have my guitar in mind, but my which guitar and amp thread turned up only a few reccomendations on guitars.

I'm getting an Epiphone G-400 and a *****
i was thinking maybe a Roland Cube series

so with a budget of about $400 (maybe a bit more) what can i get

In order to actually help you, we need:
Your location [ ]
Style of playing [ ]
Budget/How far over you're willing to go [x]

Some info, please?
stay away from epiphones! for the same price as that g400 you could get a decent ibanez, schecter, or esp.

for reals. don't get an epiphone.

as for an amp, i think you should save up 200 more dollars and get one of those spider half stacks. i know everyone is gonna quote me and be like "OMG NO THAT SO BAD AMP" but i really think it'll be worth it. you're gonna need a half stack eventually.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-HD75-Guitar-Amp-Head-Spider-III-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=485061

or

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-HD150-Guitar-Amp-Head-Spider-III-412-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=485062

ftw.
Last edited by ESP d00d at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by ESP d00d
stay away from epiphones! for the same price as that g400 you could get a decent ibanez, schecter, or esp.

Quote by ESP d00d

an ibanez you say, or a shecter, oh my god thats amazing, i didnt know that.
if only i knew i wouldnt have gotten my epiphone black beauty.
God im such a retard.
anyways for sure get a a little practice amp but a good one.
maybe a used epi valve, with a zoom pedal, and a MIM strat.
Quote by ESP d00d

as for an amp, i think you should save up 200 more dollars and get one of those spider half stacks. i know everyone is gonna quote me and be like "OMG NO THAT SO BAD AMP" but i really think it'll be worth it. you're gonna need a half stack eventually.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-HD75-Guitar-Amp-Head-Spider-III-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=485061

or

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-HD150-Guitar-Amp-Head-Spider-III-412-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=485062

ftw.

LOLZ U R SO FUNNEHH!!!111

May I add: GTFO troll (at the respective troll.)
Quote by THEKID546
an ibanez you say, or a shecter, oh my god thats amazing, i didnt know that.
if only i knew i wouldnt have gotten my epiphone black beauty.
God im such a retard.
anyways for sure get a a little practice amp but a good one.
maybe a used epi valve, with a zoom pedal, and a MIM strat.

shut up faggle. epiphones are terrible and if you wanna get into an internet fight over it then i'm more than willing to take you up on that.
Quote by ESP d00d
I Don't Understand What Everyone Has Against Spiders!!!

Well, they suck more than an army of hookers with vacuums.
Quote by Zeppelin_1223
Well, they suck more than an army of hookers with vacuums.

Do not feed the troll.
i just started playing myself, i went with the ibanez rg120 and peavey vypyr 15w total cost $348 (with 2 yr warranty on the amp). I went with the vypyr for the effects, i used to dj so im all about effects and tweeking sounds. went with the ibanez because of the fat frets and thin neck, makes it a hell of a lot easier on me since my left hand is about as useful as a football bat and was cramping up constantly on my wife's acoustic. but it all comes down to what style of music are you looking to play really and what feels most comfortable in your hand. as for the amp, whats not to big for your place and whats not to small for your place and what you want out of your amp really.
Do you want a lot of sounds? As in not a lot of versatility?

Get a modeler that isn't a Spider. And one of the aforementioned guitars. Also look at Agile.
Quote by imgooley
Do not feed the troll.

Yes, sorry sir

Does this remind anyone else of the "DO NOT USE TUBE AMPS" thread?
Quote by ESP d00d
shut up faggle. epiphones are terrible and if you wanna get into an internet fight over it then i'm more than willing to take you up on that.

epiphones are good guitars. they are definitely not the guitar equivalent to a spider III. but even if you think they are terrible guitars, lets put it this way:

if you put an amazing, $5,000 cutsom guitar thought a sh*tty line 6, it's going to sound like sh*t.

if you put a "terrible" guitar like an epiphone through a half decent amp, like a Champ or a blackheart, you'll still sound good.

but tha main thing is if your sh*tty at guitar, it'll come out in your playing. if you're a good guitarist, it doesn't matter.

best example there is
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Oct 13, 2008,