I purchased a used Ashdown Engineering guitar amplifier from a local store. On the back it has 2 speaker inputs (it's a combo), one for the 8 ohms internal 12" speaker and on that says "external 8 ohms speaker. I am wondering what kind of cab I need. would the Bugera 4x12 work on the 8 ohm setting. Or do i just need anything more than the 75 watt rating on the back?

The amp is a hybrid 50 watt.

Thanks
Jamison
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
The internal would be for the speaker that comes with the combo, and the external jack would be for another cab. Since it's 50 watts, and if you'd be using both at the same time, 25 watts (most likely) would be available to power the exterior cab. So, any 8 ohm cab that can handle 25 or more watts should work just fine.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
i am guessing this has a tube power section and a solid state preamp? so it probably wants a matched impedance with the cabinets. any cabinet wired to 8 ohms that handles over 50 watts should do, so you should be fine with the bugera 4x12. just to let you know, running 2 cabinets will kinda kill some of the feedback and harmonics because(as best as i can tell this is the reason) the cabinets run out of phase with each other. i much prefer running just one cab with a head
can i run two 4x12s just unplugging the internal speaker and adding a 2nd 4x12
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
looks like the amp has a all tube preamp and a solid state output section from what the Ashdown website says. im guessing you have the Ashdown Fallen Angel DSP 50 combo?

IMO i wouldnt run anything thing over a 2x12 cab, but it should be able to push a 4x12 cab as well. but 2 cabs would be pushing it. i would just run a 2x12 cab since the power output on the amp is 50 watt solid state.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
ok thanks
Gear