I'm going to see the Streets tomorrow in Southampton; quite nervous as to what the etiquette would be at such an event. I don't wanna get beaten up by lots of chavs because I pushed to the front or something. Also, any stories from such shows welcome, I'm curious.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
i freestyle rap against myself in the shower does that count?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
I wish I could go see The Streets, I fancy them a lot. I wouldn't know much about the etiquette though, sorry. Maybe try their message board?
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
It'll be grand, I went to see lupe fiasco a while back with my mates. I got a few dodgey looks but the gig was amazing..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by tom708
take a nail bomb, place in centre of room and leave.

1.buy a six pack of beer, some drano and tinfoil
2.drink the beer
3. fill bottles with drano
4.put tinfoil in all the caps
5.go to the fron of the room and tip all the bottles upside down
6. wait aboabout 15-30 senconds
7.run
8.????
9.profit
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by tom708
take a nail bomb, place in centre of room and leave.

three cheers for musical ignorance

TS, i'm not sure, but seeing as the streets are kind of mainstream i can't really see they're being any ultra strict "rules" or anything. just have fun, if someone starts giving you aggro for pushing to the front, apologize and step back.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
If they are any sort of rap or hip hop, i don't see much reason to go.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
seriously, there's no need for all the hip-hop bashing, especially when i presume those of you that are doing the bashing probably think of yourselves as musicians. you need to grow up and realise that some people can enjoy a wide variety of music.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I saw Binary Start in concert a couple of months ago...pretty cool imo, what was your question? lol
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by twistedmaggot
three cheers for musical ignorance

Music?
The Streets?

Wait until you've sobered up.
I've seen Cadence Weapon and this sorta sketchy local rap group that was selling cds on the street and told me I could go to one of their shows for free.

I just did what I do at any other concert... watched, did some head nodding etc.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Music?
The Streets?

just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't making music. i don't like the streets either but i didn't feel the need to come in here to rip on them unlike others.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I would love to see those guys, I desperately need to get the new album
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I really want to see The Roots but they are not gonna come to South American lol
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Music?
The Streets?

Because styx and alice cooper are such musical geniuses...
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Retro Rocker
Music?
The Streets?

Holy shit, everyone. Check out this kid! What a badass! His avatar is Steve Vai! Even his name is cool! 'Retro Rocker!' Damn, I didn't think you could get any cooler after 'retro'!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I am not familiar with "The Streets" so i don't know theyre genre or anything, but if you are white and there are more than 50 blacks there(provided you arent going with friends)

I would advise not going. not trying to be racist just saying thats what i would do
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
bring your gun then your fine
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by yao151
I am not familiar with "The Streets" so i don't know theyre genre or anything, but if you are white and there are more than 50 blacks there(provided you arent going with friends)

I would advise not going. not trying to be racist just saying thats what i would do

the guy in the streets is white
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Quote by Pernell
I saw Three 6 Mafia a little while back, it was mostly white dudes like myself just wanting to see a good show.

I tried to go see David Banner yesterday (couldn't get in), and yeah it was mostly white people as well.

One of rap's biggest audiences is suburban white youth.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by JamMan*
I'm going to see the Streets tomorrow in Southampton; quite nervous as to what the etiquette would be at such an event. I don't wanna get beaten up by lots of chavs because I pushed to the front or something. Also, any stories from such shows welcome, I'm curious.

Cool, I was considering going to that gig as well, but I decided I would rather spend my money on Devil Sold His Soul + Fei Comodo who are also coming to southampton on Thursday.
Quote by The Picker
I tried to go see David Banner yesterday (couldn't get in), and yeah it was mostly white people as well.

One of rap's biggest audiences is suburban white youth.

Just curious why you didn't get in?
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
The Streets are awesome. There is no 'etiquette' just go party.
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
Quote by sadistic_monkey
It's not in the Guildhall is it??

Sorry to revive my day old thread, but yeah it was; and it went really well, no trouble at all.

Quote by lukephillips000
Cool, I was considering going to that gig as well, but I decided I would rather spend my money on Devil Sold His Soul + Fei Comodo who are also coming to southampton on Thursday.

Where are they playing man? I fancy that.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
I'm sure the crowd for the streets will be fine. They're not exactly a gangsta group.

Just don't worry about it and enjoy. Nothing to worry about.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Just curious why you didn't get in?

It was at a university, and you needed a student ID to get in (which I don't have, since I'm in high school).
Saint Louis Blues
I've been to dizzee rascal a couple of times. Just chill and enjoy the gig. Its just like any other gigs. Theres no etiquette, just people enjoying great music.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by lukephillips000

faggot
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I suggest you rent the movie "Breakin' II Electric Boogaloo" it will answer all of your questions. Except you're in England so there will probably be tea and guys in drag.

PS - It takes 4 metal guitar players to = 1 Chav
Quote by SenorSmiley
I suggest you rent the movie "Breakin' II Electric Boogaloo" it will answer all of your questions. Except you're in England so there will probably be tea and guys in drag.

PS - It takes 4 metal guitar players to = 1 Chav

In a fight between these two, one has a massive advantage over the other.
I'll give you a hint: Petrucci is built like a fucking tank.