My new bass is awesome -1 small [or large] flaw. It buzzes like crazy!!! I've tried raising the bridge but that has only provided little relief. what should I do?
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
where about's does it buzz, near the bridge, near the nut?

could you explain in further detail.

does it buzz when your not fretting anywhere, does it buzz when near the nut or bridge?

thanks
it buzzes mostly back by the nut
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Quote by NHBassist12
It buzzes like crazy!!! I've tried raising the bridge but that has only provided little relief.

Pun intended?

Anyway, take your E or G string, and fret it at the first fret with one hand and the last with the other, looking at the bass from the side. If there is no or virtually no space between the string and the 7-12th frets, then you don't have enough bow in your neck and need to loosen your truss rod, which you can google.

Another possible cause is a nut which is too deeply cut. In this case there is little that can be done other than replacing the nut.

Finally, there is the dreaded uneven fretting. If one or more frets stick out higher than the others, then there will be buzzing. This is common on cheaper instruments. The solution here is a professional fret leveling job.
Quote by Arbitror
Pun intended?

Anyway, take your E or G string, and fret it at the first fret with one hand and the last with the other, looking at the bass from the side. If there is no or virtually no space between the string and the 7-12th frets, then you don't have enough bow in your neck and need to loosen your truss rod, which you can google.

Another possible cause is a nut which is too deeply cut. In this case there is little that can be done other than replacing the nut.

Finally, there is the dreaded uneven fretting. If one or more frets stick out higher than the others, then there will be buzzing. This is common on cheaper instruments. The solution here is a professional fret leveling job.

+123456789
It is one of those, I do declare.