Today I went to GuitarCenter, and did a lot of deciding. Firstly, I'm definetly buying the Boss BD-2 it was awesome, and had more gain than the SD-1. I played the '60s Classic Series or Classic Player and, it was meh, by that same process, I guessed the '57 and '62 Strats weren't my cup of tea. But I played the Classic Player Jazzmaster, and it was amazing. When on the middle pickup, it had the tone of a Strat, on the neck, a much warmer guitar, and the bridge was perfect, it handled Dick Dale, the Ventures, and everything. After this, I went to try an Epiphone Dot, it was basically the Jazzmaster, but warmer. I prefer the Jazzmaster, but they're not too far off. The Dot is $400. The Jazzy is $850. Advice?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
First off, gratz on having good taste. Secondly, guitarcenter sucks. Thirdly i'd go for the Fender, but thats just me man. Epi's bother me a bit for some reason. Maybe they're necks or something. But every Fender i've ever tried is amazing.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
First off, gratz on having good taste. Secondly, guitarcenter sucks. Thirdly i'd go for the Fender, but thats just me man. Epi's bother me a bit for some reason. Maybe they're necks or something. But every Fender i've ever tried is amazing.

Thanks for the compliment, see if I get the Epi, which is as comfortable as the Jazzy, but I like the neck color and gloss on the Jazzmaster more. I could probably get the Epi on my b-day in November, whereas I could get Jazzy by Christmas, maybe. I play surf, blues and rock, which is more versatile? And how would the Epi sound with Gibson P-90s?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Guitars are tricky.
Quote by chip46
Any idea what shape neck the Dot has?
Quote by chip46