can i mix and match as long as it fits the body?

can i put a gibson neck, with a fender body, mustang wires, jaguar tremolo, jazzmaster bridge, gretsch hardware, strat backplate, etc?
it would require alot of work. for starters, gibson neck/fender body: different scale lengths, so you'd have to adjust that, the neck pockets are probably different, most fender bodies are bolt on, most gibson are setneck, as far as i know you can't have a tremolo and bridge. the trem is on/is the bridge. as for the hardware, probably be the easiest to fit. why are you trying to make this thing? i can't imagine it being very functional or aesthetically pleasing.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Quote by cthuludawn21
it would require alot of work. for starters, gibson neck/fender body: different scale lengths, so you'd have to adjust that, the neck pockets are probably different, most fender bodies are bolt on, most gibson are setneck, as far as i know you can't have a tremolo and bridge. the trem is on/is the bridge. as for the hardware, probably be the easiest to fit. why are you trying to make this thing? i can't imagine it being very functional or aesthetically pleasing.

this isnt exactly what i was gonna try, i was just using it as a far apart example, i havent started my list yet, i just wanted to know if i would have to go all of the same thing, i doubt i'll use a gibson neck with a fender body, i was just curious about using different parts
Quote by cthuludawn21
as far as i know you can't have a tremolo and bridge
Not trying to be jerk, but a tremolo IS a bridge. But I do believe you are thinking of floating and non-floating bridges. And no, you can't have both, since they both basically do the same thing and occupy the same space on the guitar.

As for mixing and matching parts, you can basically do whatever you want to do; everything is possible, it's just a question about how much work, time and money you want to put in it.
BUT, however, if you are going to mix alot of different hardware, body/neck etc. it might be a good idea to start from scratch and make your own guitar, as to much mixing would give you a sort of Frankencaster (and we all remember what happened to him right? ), which might look cool, but doesn't always work that well.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
Not trying to be jerk, but a tremolo IS a bridge. But I do believe you are thinking of floating and non-floating bridges. And no, you can't have both, since they both basically do the same thing and occupy the same space on the guitar.

As for mixing and matching parts, you can basically do whatever you want to do; everything is possible, it's just a question about how much work, time and money you want to put in it.
BUT, however, if you are going to mix alot of different hardware, body/neck etc. it might be a good idea to start from scratch and make your own guitar, as to much mixing would give you a sort of Frankencaster (and we all remember what happened to him right? ), which might look cool, but doesn't always work that well.

its fine about pointing it out, im pretty new at guitar building and ive only been playing for about 5 months
it will work. Just need the right scale length for the neck, and the brridge/ tremolo has to fit. You may need to change the sizes of the tuner holes.
One question...
Quote by joe smith1234
mustang wires
??
Please explain...

lol your banned...