what kind of distortion? screaming or more of a creamy distortion?

I'd say a metal muff for screaming distortion (but it can also do some pretty creamy stuff too), and a big muff for the creamy distortion.
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Probably the ProCo Rat... however you aren't going to get a nice sounding distortion pedal unless your willing to spend about double the budget you have now.