Hi.

Heres a song Ive worked on today.
Need your honest opinions.

Ive made the bassline very quick btw.

Cheers!
Attachments:
Metalsoe.zip
It's a good solid song, but at the same time nothing really stands out or grabs me. It's just another good Metal(insert sub-genre here) song on a forum filled with more of the same.

The outro was cool though, and so was the little presolo thing you were doing. The solo was kind of weak.
Quote by icronic
It's a good solid song, but at the same time nothing really stands out or grabs me. It's just another good Metal(insert sub-genre here) song on a forum filled with more of the same.

The outro was cool though, and so was the little presolo thing you were doing. The solo was kind of weak.

Yeah that was what I was afraid of, I dont really like 0-7-8 metalcore so I tried to make it more complex.
Mostly wrote the song to have something to make some testrecordings on =)
I liked it. Metalcore really isn't my thing but this sounded good. Both guitars worked great together and that's what kept it interesting. On Bar 54 I liked hammers and pulls better then the slides, but that's just a person preference I guess. I think the intro was perfect as far as the song goes. It builds up nicely and doesn't weaken.

Harmonization worked well also. I liked that octaves at bar 43 and onwards. Worked well with the song.

Crit my solo? Nothing special but yeah. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976332
Hmm.

Ok first off there are some great parts in here, I really liked the chorus (bar 41), the outro breakdown and the acoustic parts were cool.

I thought the solo has potential, you can def. make it sound better, the way it is right now it's not detached from the song if you know what I mean, its just an extension of it, good solos always sound like a song within a song if you catch my drift, its kinda hard to explain.

I liked the harmonization as well, simple yet cool stuff man. Keep it up!

My only advice/suggestion would be take the core ideas you have here and the best of the riffs and redo this song, it can be a lot better b/c I see potential here.

You're also absolutely right about the whole metalcore 0-7-8 thing, its insanely hard to get out of that mindset ESPECIALLY when you're like me and the only metalcore band you listen to is pretty much all shall perish. It took me ages to get out of that trend and I still delve back into that trend sometimes w/o even knowing it, its pretty frustrating.

6/10
Alright...lets get to work.

Verse 1: Pretty standard metalcore here. I think that a two step beat would work better though the guitar riffs are fine though. I like the places you harmonized and the emphasis'.

Verse1 pt2: I'm not going to lie. I don't really like it. If it was me I would change the progression the second time around. And a better drum beat maybe?

Chorus: Pretty much the same progression as the first parts of the song. Vocals would spice it up.

Post-Chorus: I realllly liked that. Except bar 52 is basically stolen from As I lay Dying. Hahah.

Bridge: A better Rhythm is needed under that veryyy good lead part at bars 100.

Solo: Much better than anything I can transcribe. I can't get solos into GP5 for the life of me.
Oh wow. I love 124. Please please work on drums though. Other than that its a solid piece.

8/10

Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=974448

EDIT: And I detest 0-7-8 metalcore also. I realllly tried to break it in that song.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
cptazad and FlyingPooooo: Thanks for the crit! I will use your words to look into it and make some changes before I call this a finished piece! =)