I am thinking about buying a Rocktron Prophesy preamp. I wold be hooking it up to a Peavey 6505+ half stack. Could some one tell me some info on the Rocktron Prophesy, how it would run out of that amp or if there is any other gear that you feel is better.

Just so you know i play only metal and play music by bands such as slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Mastodon, and Children of Bodom.
from what i've seen, not too many people have them, or have used them. including me. and i could only guess that it's because they're not that good. hell, i wouldn't know. but don't get it because Dave Mustaine endorses it. why do you need a pre-amp anyway?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
just use the 6505+. That should be more than sufficient for what you want distortion wise.
Quote by ugmung
from what i've seen, not too many people have them, or have used them. including me. and i could only guess that it's because they're not that good. hell, i wouldn't know. but don't get it because Dave Mustaine endorses it. why do you need a pre-amp anyway?

I want to have more variety to the sounds i can get out of my amp and i saw the Rocktron on musians friend and alot of people said it is good for metal. I am not sure how preamps work though as im not familiar with them. If you have any good recommendations i am willing to spend up to $1500
Also Just so you guys know i have a John pettrucci custom made music man. It's the only guitar i use.