Ok guys, theoretically if I was building a cabinet, and was nearing completion and needed something to cover the cabinet, could i use Rhino Lining.

For those of you who dont know what rhino lining is, its a spray on truck bed cover. Its supposed to be very tough and durable.

http://www.rhinolinings.com/index.php

The only drawback that i can think of is that it might make the cabinet sound dead, and won't let it project sound as good as it could.

thank you in advance.

Edit: I was looking through the site and discovered that rhino lining has been used on speakers in a zoo in australia.
http://www.rhinolinings.com/applications/spray_what/speakers
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Last edited by walker-rose at Oct 12, 2008,
It has been done, I just edited the first post. But those were cabinets for not guitar speakers (I can't think of a name right now.

Edit:
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Is there really that much difference between guitar speakers and other speakers??
well, I read in the Cabinet tutorial thread that guitar speakers are less picky than bass speakers, so if this was for a bass i wouldnt try it. the only difference i can think of is that the actual speakers are made for different frequencies.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
How about you just get a really old little $20 amp (walmart, pawn shop, etc), then just re-line it with Rhino Lining, and see what it does...
O O

___
Yeah, I would try it if I had the money. I don't know how expensive rhino linings are but just covering a cabinet shouldn't be that much. I say if you have the money try it. (and please let me know how it sounds)
That's pretty much what Vader uses on their cabinets.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
If you use it for the shell, and not for the sound board bit the speakers attach to, cover the speaker board in that netting kinda material they use on amps and it should be fine surely.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Well I guess I shall go do it. My dad says that we have some Rhino Lining around the house here.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Wow. Not many people just have "some Rhino Lining laying around the house."
O O

___
Quote by Absent Mind
If you use it for the shell, and not for the sound board bit the speakers attach to, cover the speaker board in that netting kinda material they use on amps and it should be fine surely.

Im not using that netting stuff, I made this grill out of some expanded metal earlier today, that is going to bolt onto the front and protect the speakers.

My dad must have bought it a while back, and never used it
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.