I wanted somewhat of an upgrade over my Vox 30 AD03VT. I didn't want to spend more than $300 and I wanted a tube amp, so I bought a Crate V33 combo ($250). I play mostly classic rock and blues, but some Radiohead and Museish stuff too. Now suddenly I keep reading about the V-series being subpar etc. What do you think?
It depends, are YOU happy with your purchase?
Because there are some people who can go from a Spider III to a DSL401 and be unhappy(as strange as it sounds)... it's your preference that matters.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Oct 12, 2008,
The Palomino's were sweet. The new ones are pretty decent though. Do you enjoy it?

I'd switch out the speakers, but they're pretty nice.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
It hasn't arrived yet. I ordered it a few days ago. I'm just wondering price-wise if you guys think there was a better option...
for the price, i don't think there's anything better
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Where did you order it from? B/c most places have a "Satisfaction Guarantee" where if you don't like it, you can just return it.

I know MusiciansFriend has that...
O O

___
you might even be able to sell it for more then you paid for it in 6-12 months after they are all gone. I hear the Crates are going away in favor of the Blackhearts (same company). At least the V's. Not sure about the rest actually. Not sure if they just gonna rebadge them or completely change out production or what.
For that price you're getting a hell of a deal.

To really make those sing, however, most recommend changing out the stock speakers in favor of more robust sounding ones.
the price on those are amazing and it stops people from saying i cant afford a tube amp lol
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube