Whats their warranty? I have everything the guitar came with ( except the box) the cable, wrench, warranty cards, poster, manual. Will they take it back? It's within 30 days and I have the receipt i would call but they're closed. Thanks yall!
Even without the box? it came with one I just made the dumb mistake of thrrowing it
wow, how did I not read that. Ok, maybe not then. They might just give you less of what you payed for it
was it a particularly special box or just your regular guitar cardboard box?

I was at the local shop the other day, looking and wishing and saw a guy buying a set up. He got the store clerk to take the guitar out of the cardboard box and put it in the gig bag so it would be easier to trasport.

Moral of the story, if it was just a regular guitar cardboard box then go to a music store and tell em you need one for moving house or something, they've probably got a few lying around.
Well for guitar center, you could keep all the extras like the poster and manual and stuff they wont even ask for it, they will just assume it was a floor model.
Quote by Jaksar
was it a particularly special box or just your regular guitar cardboard box?

I was at the local shop the other day, looking and wishing and saw a guy buying a set up. He got the store clerk to take the guitar out of the cardboard box and put it in the gig bag so it would be easier to trasport.

Moral of the story, if it was just a regular guitar cardboard box then go to a music store and tell em you need one for moving house or something, they've probably got a few lying around.

or you could make it simple and tell them you took the guitar cause you didnt want to have the huge box with you
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
They'd probably let you return it. It depends on of you have one of the "douche-filled" GC's or not. And to the guy above me, CHANGE YOUR FUCKING FONT COLOR!!!! It gives me instant migraine just looking at it!!

Edit: forgot a comma.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
It was just a cardboard box that said Epiphone and performance is our passion and what not. Not really special.
nope, lol keep the extras.

like i said if they ask for the box just say it was the floor model.

ive returned guitars before and they have never asked.
The problem with guitar center is they always write you a check for returns

The reason its a problem is most banks don't trust checks like that, GC is pretty notorius for its employess trying to write bad checks to cash.

I had a hell of a time getting my money back on a guitar I returned the very next day!
Go over there and tell him some employee sold you the floor model. tell him you are unhappy and you are returning it. They might try to convince you to keep it, just tell them you are unhappy and you aren't keeping it. Stand your ground and you shouldn't have any problems.

And to the guy above me. If GC is writing bad checks, I suggest buying your stuff on credit card (and if you don't have one, get at one (I only have 2)). That way, when you need to return stuff, they directly debit your card. It's alot easier than having to cash checks and worrying if they bounce and what not. Of course you need to keep your receipt, but at the end of the month, you can always check to see if they properly debited your account. Cheers
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II Vintage Black w/ EMG 60/81
ESP LTD EX-400 Black w/ EMG 60/81
ESP LTD EC-2005 Black w EMG 85/81

Amps:
Crate GLX1200 w/ 4x12 Slant CAB (only useful as a chromatic tuner)
Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP100
Good call

Sucks though for the people who pay in cash, they will only issue checks.
I am going to return a guitar i bought there myself. Op were you able to return the guitar without the box? Has anybody returned a guitar to gc without having to pay the 15% restocking fee? I got an Ibanezrg5ex1 and it is to much of a hassle to tune so i an thinking bout a Schecter C-1.