Page 1 of 2
i have about 6 shares of wal-mart stock. i called their toll free share holder services number to find out how much my stock was worth and how i could sell it. it's worth a little more than 50 a piece and the total came to a little over 300. now when i pressed 1 to sell, it said that i could sell my stocks but i have to pay 30 bucks per share to sell them. did i hear/understand that right? i have to pay 30 bucks a share, to sell my 50 dollar shares? so i get 20 bucks per share?

EDIT:

when the market closed on friday, a share of walmart stock cost about 50 bucks and some change.

i invested about 280 buying those stocks when i was working with walmart (they removed 10 bucks from each of my paychecks to buy stock)

stock in walmart has gone up overall since when i first bought them

so don't come in here and post saying i'm losing money because the market is crappy and all stocks are losing money, cuz if you do the math, i haven't lost any money...yet

thanks

EDIT:

also, i'm not asking if i should sell them

so don't come in here telling me to keep it cuz your suggestion will fall on deaf ears

why waste the keystrokes?

EDIT:

i got the answer i was looking for

screw you guys
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
Last edited by stackedxactor at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by -O_O-
I don't understand stocks.

than thanks for posting?

first of all, they probably just screwed up, and the real price to sell them for is really 30 bucks.

Second of all, you don't sell your stocks when we're in the middle of a ****ing recession!
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
you don't sell your stocks when we're in the middle of a ****ing recession!
This, seriously.
i have no idea what you just said, but all i know is that this is not the time to be messing around with stocks.. in case you didn't know, the world's economy is down the shit hole right now
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
im not sure and I don't own any stock but I think there usually is a withdrawl penalty, most likely assessed per share.
Yea lets all sell that'll help the economy.

*sarcasm*

God damn ignorant people screwing everyone over.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

first of all, they probably just screwed up, and the real price to sell them for is really 30 bucks.

Second of all, you don't sell your stocks when we're in the middle of a ****ing recession!

seriously? i don't think my 300 bucks is gonna do much to the global market. and if it was...than the market was way screwed before i sold it.
Last edited by stackedxactor at Oct 12, 2008,

unless you want to get early
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Selling your stock for $30 means you make thirty dollars per share. Not you pay 30 dollars per share. Why do you only have 6 shares? You have to buy them by the 100....
Quote by stackedxactor
seriously? i don't think my 300 bucks is gonna do much to the global market. and if it was...than the market was way screwed before i sold it.

So you thin you honestly think that out of all the people that have stocks in wlamart your the only one trying to sell?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by stackedxactor

when two-hundred-million other people think exactly this and actually do it, yes it affects the economy.
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Quote by stackedxactor

X2

That's not the reason to not sell your stocks during a recession. Don't worry, we're not worried about you screwing up the economy. The reason you don't sell your stocks during a recession is because every single stock's worth is WAY WAY WAY down. Most likely much lower than what you bought your stocks for. If you sell now, you LOSE money; however, if you hold on to your worthless stocks until the market turns around, you will MAKE money.
Quote by merfsullivan
Selling your stock for $30 means you make thirty dollars per share. Not you pay 30 dollars per share. Why do you only have 6 shares? You have to buy them by the 100....

i used to work for sam's club and they had this program where you chose to take out a certain amount from your paycheck ($10 in my case) to purchase stock while you were working there.
Quote by fli.pansy
i have no idea what you just said, but all i know is that this is not the time to be messing around with stocks.. in case you didn't know, the world's economy is down the shit hole right now

oh because USA = world ?

there are a lot of places in the world in which the economy is quite stable.
Are you sure they said 30 per share? It's most likely just $30.00 for the transaction. But that's a ****ing rip. We trade at about $7.00 per transaction.
So does that mean now is a good time to BUY stocks?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
X2

That's not the reason to not sell your stocks during a recession. Don't worry, we're not worried about you screwing up the economy. The reason you don't sell your stocks during a recession is because every single stock's worth is WAY WAY WAY down. Most likely much lower than what you bought your stocks for. If you sell now, you LOSE money; however, if you hold on to your worthless stocks until the market turns around, you will MAKE money.

actually, walmart's all time high was like 60 some odd bucks and that was a few months ago. compare that to last friday's closing at 50 and some pennies. obviously not that big of a difference.
Quote by illuminatiano
oh because USA = world ?

pretty much...
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by Archaon
Are you sure they said 30 per share? It's most likely just $30.00 for the transaction. But that's a ****ing rip. We trade at about $7.00 per transaction.

thanks for helping me with the question and not giving me crap for not being a proffesional investor. anyways, where can i do that $7 transcation?
Like everyone is saying, don't sell now. Walmart is so ****ing huge that there's almost no possibility of it going bankrupt, so wait until the markets go back up. If anything, you should buy now, when prices are low.

If McCain were leading in the polls, though, selling might be a good idea since there would be a good deal of doubt that markets would actually go back up with more of the economic policies that screwed us over in the first place.
kill all humans
Quote by Spoony_Bard
So does that mean now is a good time to BUY stocks?

It'll be even better in the near future.

Just wait until they're at one of lowest points before you buy. But make sure the companies aren't going to go bankrupt.
Quote by Archaon

Just wait until they're at one of lowest points before you buy. But make sure the companies aren't going to go bankrupt.

this
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by stackedxactor
thanks for helping me with the question and not giving me crap for not being a proffesional investor. anyways, where can i do that $7 transcation?

Well my dad pays about $100.00 per month for a computer program/service that allows near-instant transactions. There are various service providers for these kinds of things.
people...if you care so ****ing much about the stock market...BY THE STOCK OFF ME...this was never meant to be a long term investment
Quote by stackedxactor
i have about 6 shares of wal-mart stock. i called their toll free share holder services number to find out how much my stock was worth and how i could sell it. it's worth a little more than 50 a piece and the total came to a little over 300. now when i pressed 1 to sell, it said that i could sell my stock for 30 bucks a share. did i hear/understand that right? i have to pay 30 bucks a share, to sell my 50 dollar shares? so i get 20 bucks per share?

...It doesnt seem like you know much about stocks in the first place.

So my first advice...DONT GO INTO STOCKS.

Second thing I should tell you is...I wouldnt sell. Depending on when you bought it (well lets face it, no matter when you bought it, it probably wasnt as shitty a market as today) you will probably be losing more then you put in.

Unless you have some bad feeling Walmart is going to go totally down the drain, then Id say hold on.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by stackedxactor
people...if you care so ****ing much about the stock market...BY THE STOCK OFF ME...this was never meant to be a long term investment

I don't get it, if it was never meant to be a long-term investment then why'd you let it sink?

edit: Never mind, didn't realize you were the guy with the initial query. lol
Quote by Archaon
Well my dad pays about $100.00 per month for a computer program/service that allows near-instant transactions. There are various service providers for these kinds of things.

such as?
Quote by Archaon

Roger, captain!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by stackedxactor

out of curiosity, how much did you pay for them in the first place?
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by stackedxactor
such as?

Active Trader (plus). It's a bank service (TD Canada)
Quote by untalented
out of curiosity, how much did you pay for them in the first place?

over the year i worked there, walmart took a little less than 300 bucks out of my paychecks to buy stock. so if i sell now, i won't lose any of my investment.
I dont know why you want to sell stocks when theyre not worth anything.... Id wait a year or two.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Buy oil. It's cheap as hell. It was nearly $140 a barrel at one point, right now it's about 77.

This makes me think for once. Ever since the stocks have been ****ing up, gas prices have been going down.

I like where this is going.

Or do I?

I seriously don't know.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
...It doesnt seem like you know much about stocks in the first place.

So my first advice...DONT GO INTO STOCKS.

Second thing I should tell you is...I wouldnt sell. Depending on when you bought it (well lets face it, no matter when you bought it, it probably wasnt as shitty a market as today) you will probably be losing more then you put in.

Unless you have some bad feeling Walmart is going to go totally down the drain, then Id say hold on.

hey buddy

i wasn't asking if i should sell it.

i put in a little less than 280 bucks into buying those stocks. the price of a share is 50 bucks and some pennies now. multiply that by 6, the number of stocks i own. what do you get? 300. so i haven't lost any money yet. i actually made like 20 bucks and some change.

my advice to you

go back and learn your basic math
^ he's just trying to help. If you aren't interested in making an extra hundred bucks, go ahead and sell. However, if you want to make a bit of cash instead of just breaking even, hold on to those shares for a bit.
Page 1 of 2