I have a question.

Do EMG's give good tone for punk? One day I plan on buying a Les Paul Studio but switching the pickups with EMG's.

I would want a really crunchy tone. I don't want it to be too much for metal though, I don't use that tone for what I write.

So heres my question (again,) are EMG's good for punk?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
not so much, palm muted passives give like a crunch tone and a palm mute on Emgs would give more of a chug tone if you get what im saying
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Quote by guitarbite.fire
not so much, palm muted passives give like a crunch tone and a palm mute on Emgs would give more of a chug tone if you get what im saying

But isn't a chug just a stacato'd crunch?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Oh I will probably have a Marshall Tube Half-stack by then, so I guess the pickups won't matter much.

I just want to get rid of that ugly gold hardware. I think it would look sick with black.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
what amp? EMGs help with a tube amps distortion, and depending on the voicing of the amp or the gain structure they could be nice and crunchy/snappy, or more brutal.
Quote by tmfiore
Oh I will probably have a Marshall Tube Half-stack by then, so I guess the pickups won't matter much.

I just want to get rid of that ugly gold hardware. I think it would look sick with black.

...you can always just remove the pickup covers
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
PAF style pickups have the covers glued to them, or atleast the ones from dimarzio do.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
didnt read the whole thread but from what i understand u want to put emgs in a les paul studio. in that case id recomend an ltd ec-1000 same price probaly better quality and to be honest any humbucker equiped guitar should do a decent punk sound even teles make great punk guitar
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube