http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-iMultiMix-8-USB-8Channel-USB-Mixer-With-iPod-Recording?sku=241786

does anyone have any experience with this? from what it says it looks pretty good and the pricetag is right in my range
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
I seen these. It looks real cool and portable. Great for recording bands and then taking it home to your home studio for mixing.

You'd need a bigger mixer along with that setup to do a full band well, but the concept is cool.

Everything is getting smaller!
well do you think you'd be able to get a passable demo recording from it?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Reading a little further, it seems that you can only record a stereo 2-track mix, and not multi tracks. Bummer. THis limits what you can do a lot. It's basically a CD recorder in a mixer.

I'd say no, because you can't change anything post production. I'd look into some kind of 8-track if you really want to do band demos. It would be cool to record you band practice, but you'd need a lot of gear to do everything right.
If you really wanna' record your band, I'd look into spending your money on a good mixer. Get the most channels you can afford.
Kinda gimmicky. If you can bring that mixer and your ipod to record somewhere then chances are you can just bring a mixer and a laptop and do a much better job. assuming you have a laptop though
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by leadfootdriver
If you really wanna' record your band, I'd look into spending your money on a good mixer. Get the most channels you can afford.

NO NO NO!!!
You dont need a mixer to record and a USB mixer will only mix to a single stereo track to your computer...Useless fore recording anything these days.

Looks like that iPod recorder does a similar deal...

I suggest going to a studio which will get you the best results...or simply get an interface for a laptop or desktop.
Make sure the interface is firewire as these dont mix down. This gives you more editing options later down the road. The PreSonus FP10 can be had for $350 and then all you need are some mics. If you plan on recording acoustic drums you will need a lot more cash set aside which is why I suggest just spending money at a studio that has all the gear to use...
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 13, 2008,
NO NO NO!!!
You dont need a mixer to record and a USB mixer will only mix to a single stereo track to your computer...Useless fore recording anything these days.

QUOTE]

This is half correct. You can still use the sub outs to go into the sound card for 6 total outputs at once.
If you have a sound card with that many inputs sure you can use the mixer but once again, with interfaces out there today you can probably spend less going with an FP10 compared to a multi bus mixer and run all the audio down a firewire.

The analog mixers are mostly used for monitor mixes and analog recording these days.