First off, what would the best neck pickup to go with the X2N as bridge? And also, I'm still debating whether or not to get a the X2N combo, or a SD Hot Rodded Humbucker set (JB and Jazz), what are your guys opinions on both?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
the hot rodded humbucker set is very versatile. you cant go wrong with it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
^

i love how people reccomend pups that have no correspondance to the thread.
------

Shwiggity.
The best match for the X2N probably the Breed or a D-activatior neck...any particualr reason you've devided to choose between those 2 pickups, it's not as if they're alike.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The X2N is a great pickup and Buckethead seems to like it in the neck as well as bridge positions, and in general it's just awesome but it has A LOT of output especially for a passive pickup.

But the most popular neck pickup I'd say PAF Pro, dozens of artists use it as a neck pickup, and trust me, it sounds awesome there.

The SD is also very hot and a very nice pickup, but it has one problem, it has huge amounts of treble so pairing it with alder or basswood not exactly wise, although Jackson seem to like the sound the combo makes.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
id say the x2n with a tonezone in the neck. ive seen so many vids with that combination and after gettin one myself ive fallen in love with it...
im gonna go ahead and suggest somthing that i will most likely get flamed like hell for...
how 'bout X2N bridge, Jazz neck??

please dont kill me...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Go for it
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
im gonna go ahead and suggest somthing that i will most likely get flamed like hell for...

please dont kill me...

I have an SH-2 in one of my guitars. Its probably one of the best neck pickups you can get. Its very full, rich, warm, and smooth sounding. There are alot of other possibilities. I dont know much about Dimarzio's, but if you play metal you want something like a Duncan SH-6 or something. Dimarzio's are known to be great though, I just cant find out which ones i want in my V.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith

please dont kill me...
doesn't it seem like a Jazz would be a bit lightweight to go with a high-output pickup like an X2N?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.