Page 1 of 2
My guess on estimated value would be about $200 to $250. Want to trade or will take $200 cash plus shipping for it.

A few basic specs are...

120 gig Hard Drive
Wireless Internet Card
DVD/CD Burner
Good long battery life
Will come with good amount of music and videos.

Only flaw is it came installed with the oh so crappy Windows Vista so i re-installed Windows XP but i haven't installed the drivers for the Wireless yet.

PM for questions.
Vista is way better then XP, don't know where you got your info but Vista is way more secure way more stream lined and used friendly plus its pure eye candy.
Quote by AJBoy238
thats cool. that was just my preference to change it :-)

Well said. Thread hijackers suck. Oh, haI, AJ - much love from HcAf!
Quote by Darkice
Vista is way better then XP, don't know where you got your info but Vista is way more secure way more stream lined and used friendly plus its pure eye candy.

not to again hijack this thread but vista is a resource hog and is built for pc noobs who dont know how to protect their gear. Its junk and will soon go the way of windows nt and millennium. I have yanked it off of countless machines only to re-install xp. Sure if you have a quad core pc with 8 gigs of ram running at 64bit it will run well, but xp at those specs will fly. Eye candy.....blech. you want eye candy, run the newest Linux.
to me having xp installed is a step I dont have to inevitably take.

Any way, to the seller....give us more specs on that lappy- Ram? processor? graphics card? screen size?
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG

Any way, to the seller....give us more specs on that lappy- Ram? processor? graphics card? screen size?

+1 Also,I agree with the beef of your post. And TS, what kind of trades would you want? A model no. would really help as well. And yes I am interested, not jsut being picky.
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
not to again hijack this thread but vista is a resource hog and is built for pc noobs who dont know how to protect their gear. Its junk and will soon go the way of windows nt and millennium. I have yanked it off of countless machines only to re-install xp. Sure if you have a quad core pc with 8 gigs of ram running at 64bit it will run well, but xp at those specs will fly. Eye candy.....blech. you want eye candy, run the newest Linux.

hey man i don't want to start a fight here but sense you seem to want too, First of I only run OCed Quads or Duals and 4GB and just because your hardware is fail doesn't mean the OS is, the OS is bigger and better there for it takes more powerful hardware, the End

Linux is great other then if has no drivers for a large amount of graphics cards.
doesn't run many programs ect, windows runs everything you could ever want and if you take the time you can remove every annoying thing vista does and you can get most your power back on benchmarking my rig's score only dropped just slightly on vista compared to XP and in vista I can run Direct X10 so yeah.
The only time I would ever uninstall vista to put on XP would be if the rig was extremely weak.
Quote by Darkice

You have absolutely no idea do you? The only thing Vista has over XP is the ability to use DX10.

Ontopic: Does it have an integrated graphics card or not? How much RAM does it have? Does it have FireWire ports?
dude look up "Vista i can run direct X10" get the patch for vista it is much improved.
aj link no workie
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by Darkice
The only time I would ever uninstall vista to put on XP would be if the rig was extremely weak.

not everyone is a gamer pal
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
hey yeah your right Im sorry Dudes buy this computer it will rip for you AJ is a good guy and his deal is for real.
Quote by AJBoy238
My guess on estimated value would be about $200 to $250. Want to trade or will take $200 cash plus shipping for it.

Trade for what?
You're*
windows runs everything you could ever want and if you take the time you can remove every annoying thing vista does and you can get most your power back on benchmarking my rig's score only dropped just slightly on vista compared to XP and in vista I can run Direct X10 so yeah.
Windows does not run:
garageband
Final Cut
Final Draft
iwork
ilife
safari
aperture
logic studio

hmm, can't think of to much else off the top of my head that I use that windows can't run.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
A new operating system should require less hardware because its made better. I know most not agree but that's because we all have been fooled by Microsoft and Apple that a new operating system requires more power. Microsoft should be working towards an operating system that takes better advantage of the power currently in a PC instead of requiring more power to run. If you look at most Linux builds they require less and less as the OS gets updated. I'm sorry about hijacking the thread but i could not ignore this comment. I fully support you in uninstalling Vista for XP.

Quote by Darkice
hey man i don't want to start a fight here but sense you seem to want too, First of I only run OCed Quads or Duals and 4GB and just because your hardware is fail doesn't mean the OS is, the OS is bigger and better there for it takes more powerful hardware, the End

Linux is great other then if has no drivers for a large amount of graphics cards.
doesn't run many programs ect, windows runs everything you could ever want and if you take the time you can remove every annoying thing vista does and you can get most your power back on benchmarking my rig's score only dropped just slightly on vista compared to XP and in vista I can run Direct X10 so yeah.
Ibanez GAX w/Duncan's and Sperzels
Bugera 333 Head
4x12 Fane/Celestion Cab
Quote by Darkice
windows runs everything you could ever want and if you take the time you can remove every annoying thing vista does and you can get most your power back on benchmarking my rig's score only dropped just slightly on vista compared to XP and in vista I can run Direct X10 so yeah.

Windows does not run:
garageband
Final Cut
Final Draft
iwork
ilife
safari
aperture
logic studio

hmm, can't think of to much else off the top of my head that I use that windows can't run.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I said everthing you could ever want too by the way.. not everything, PC and macs are almost the same though there software is slightly different, they both do about the same thing.

AJ sorry man never meant for it to be like this.
aj I have a 15 watt spider 2 amp and a dimebag db-01 wah that I would trade you.
I know people blast the line6 amps here and yea....its tone is far from great. But for a bedroom practice amp it works well at low volumes and has some decent effects.
The wah alone is 160 new!
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
thanks for the offer fuzzy but I'm afraid il have to pass. I'm mainly looking for cash for my single rectifier fund BUT I will consider all trade offers.
Quote by fuzzyDXMG

Mate, Your a bit of a moron. Vista did have some resource hogging problems on release, Although it is still not 100% better drivers have been improving and have nearly caught up with XP in perfomance stakes.

Also unless you have the craptastic XP64 (Which has no driver support for anything) you cant run 8 Gigs of Ram on XP, Vista 64 however has far better driver support and can utitlize 8 gigs of ram and dual/quad core cpus far better then xp ever can. Whilst i agree vista is useless for low end laptops, making sweeping generalisations on the internet can make you seem like a complete moron.

Remember XP also had a huge stigma for years for being a resource hog until hardware caught up.

Please note that i have a reasonably high end system and i have XP 32bit, And i wish i had Vista to maximise my quad core proc perfomance.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by blacklabel22333
A new operating system should require less hardware because its made better. I know most not agree but that's because we all have been fooled by Microsoft and Apple that a new operating system requires more power. Microsoft should be working towards an operating system that takes better advantage of the power currently in a PC instead of requiring more power to run. If you look at most Linux builds they require less and less as the OS gets updated. I'm sorry about hijacking the thread but i could not ignore this comment. I fully support you in uninstalling Vista for XP.

I completely agree with you there mate. Games developers should also take note. The amount of power needed for the latest games is staggering. If they we're programmed far better using low level programming languages then things would be a hell of alot better for your average joe computer user.

I am a mature student taking a Computer software engineering degree and i have seen some of the most blatently terrible programming from games designers. Then again most software houses have relationships with the hardware graphics card manufacturers who encourage them to create games that need stupid amount of hardware to run. This is why such a huge amount of power is controlled by the games software and hardware industry and not the average gaming public.

This also helps countless sequals of bog standard non originality games such as the Call of Duty series, Rainbow six series, WOW Etc.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
so whos gonna buy??? I'm seriously getting frustrated with all this fighting. I can't buy the guitar that is sitting waiting on me to come up with the money because people are too busy arguing then helping me out.
I have a Sunburst MIM Strat that I just put new Duncans & a DiMarzio HB in I have over $500 wrapped up in it in the past 3 months,if you have any interest in working out some kind of deal for the laptop & Dot,lmk
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
thats a very nice offer and i thank you for it but ill have to pass. i currently have gear waiting and i need money in order to get it.
damn =[ I need a laptop to, but im poor x.x
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I know it's lowball, but how does $180 shipped sound atm? I assume this includes a charger (stupid question, but always good to be sure)
Page 1 of 2