Alright.
I have a Peavey Delta Blues 210. It's my first tube amp, and I'm a little unclear about a couple of things.

Lately I've been getting an unknown humming noise that will always start about five minutes after I start playing. I'll try to get some sound clips but it will take awhile.
What happens is I'm playing whatever, and it sounds like my low E is ringing. Then it gets louder and more intense. So I turn down the volume and it will continue to hum for about 10 seconds then it will die and it won't ever come back during that playing session. I have no idea what is causing this, but I hope it's something as simple as changing the tubes (since I plan on getter better ones soon anyway).

Has anyone heard of an issue like this?
How did you remedy the situation?
I think changing the tubes will fix it. If it doesn't send the mother ****er back.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
I'd like to hear some clips, but it sounds to me like a microphonic preamp tube. Try switching your last preamp tube for the first one and see if that solves the problem.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Kevin, doesn't switching the order of the tubes affect the current? Would I have to re-bias?
No, preamp tubes are cathode biased. You don't even need to turn the amp off to switch out preamps(put it on standby though).

What you want to do is take the preamp tube nearest the power tubes and switch it with the one furthest from the power tubes (the one furthest from the powertubes is V1 which should be the first amplification stage in your amp) If that doesn't work, then switch the last tube with the second tube. If that doesn't work there could be another problem.

Try this and if it doesn't work record clips and we'll go from there.
yeah - try what Kevin suggested first. pretty easy to do. the tubes come strait down, not screwed in. The casing needs to come off first. Look at that real closely and you'll see how those come off. up, turn, pull.

if this doesn't work, then maybe do a clip of it.
Quote by ThatCostsMoney
buy some new tubes
itll b better than switchin the tubes around

Why is that? I'll agree, many amps come with crap stock tubes, but if it's only a microphonic tube that's bothering the ts, putting it further down the line will totally solve his problem.
Hey, I switched the tubes like Kevin said, and it's still making the same problem. I have a video that I'm posting on youtube now. It'll be a few minutes.