I am going to build my first from scratch, exept the neck, and i need some help. I need to know how deep I need to go in for pickups. I'm also putting a floyd rose and need to know how deep I need to route the front and back. If any one has printable templates that'd be nice. The last thing I need are the dimensions of a Gibson V.

Thanks.
First, build the neck. Second, go do some research. Not many people on here can tell you how deep to do it, or want to. I'm not trying to be bitter, but the best part of building a guitar is building it basically on your own. Google some stuff, it's ALL there.

For a template, blow up a picture off google. images and use it to make a template.
Quote by ohspyro89
First, build the neck. Second, go do some research. Not many people on here can tell you how deep to do it, or want to. I'm not trying to be bitter, but the best part of building a guitar is building it basically on your own. Google some stuff, it's ALL there.

For a template, blow up a picture off google. images and use it to make a template.

wat he said its always the best to know what your facts than listen to other people tell you about them
Quote by ohspyro89

Yes, make the neck, for a v it would be hard to find one after market anyways. It's really not too hard get a preslotted fingerboard off stewmac. Read the books posted below. Email me at guitarfrazier@ne.rr.com and I'll send you some plans.
http://www.amazon.com/Make-Your-Own-Electric-Guitar/dp/0953104907/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223862868&sr=8-6
http://www.amazon.com/Building-Electric-Guitars-Hollow-Body-Semi-Acoustic/dp/3901314075/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223862868&sr=8-1
If you need to buy the Martin Koch book I'll sell it to you cheap I ended up with a 2nd copy because I lost one it's the best book I've found on making guitars.
I already have the neck made is what I was trying to say. And I looked every where for the dimensions needed to route in for a floyd, can't find any. Can't find any on pickups either.
Wht do people keep telling me to look. I've looked and I can't find what I need, that's why um here.
Quote by Darth Suidar
I already have the neck made is what I was trying to say. And I looked every where for the dimensions needed to route in for a floyd, can't find any. Can't find any on pickups either.

Go to the floyd rose website and they have pdf's I'm not sure about the pickups in one of the books there's plans but if your ordering from stewmac a plexiglass template is well worth $5. I'd sell the book for $20 shipped about $10 less than I paid.
Quote by Darth Suidar

http://www.floydrose.com/instructions.html
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores