I'm not taking any sides, I'm merely an observer who is interested in another UG discussion.

The root argument people use to fuel their chagrin against Christianity presumably is that Christian knights killed many MANY people in the name of God.

However the people who usually say this are also people who hold the pagan religions in a light of honor and reverance (Norse mythology for example).

Parallel to the Crusaders; Vikings of the north set the Western Coasts of Europe aflame, raped and murdered many MANY innocent village-folk in the name of their combat gods; Oden, Tyr and Thurs.

How is this any different ?

EDIT: So what I'm inquiring is... Why do the christians recieve hatred for that and the Vikings don't???????
Last edited by Rising at Oct 12, 2008,
wut. i never heard anything about cristhian knights. seems to me most pepole hate cristiany just causa they do. some belive the bible was created by man to keep society calm. some says its just some dribble, and some could just care less.
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Well Christianity is more prevalent in today's society, and UG's community of "intellectuals" tends to form anti-bandwagon bandwagons. Also what the guy above me said.
I find the vein of arguments mentioned by the OP to be mostly irrelevant, it implies that if somebody did something wrong in the name of somebody, then anybody who believes in that somebody is wrong, which is inductive reasoning gone retarded.

Everyone who doesn't agree with Christianity is a pagan?

I don't know any pagans but I know many people who are against Christianity.

EDIT: And vikings are perceived as violent, bloodthirsty and uncivilised.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by zeppelin4evr41
Well Christianity is more prevalent in today's society, and UG's community of "intellectuals" tends to form anti-bandwagon bandwagons. Also what the guy above me said.

That's because the difference between UG and 4chan is 4chan is full of smart people acting stupid and UG is full of stupid people acting smart.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
norse mythology has giants, valkries, dragons, bad ass muther****ing wolves, they all have awesomely cool names etc.

christianity has... umm... christmas? wait that was a pagan thing still jesus was put in... umm easter? that was pagan will jesus was put in... umm... winter solstice? ohh... pagan till jesus was put in

plus christians push their beliefs on people through pussy words and lame crusades, norsemen pushed there beliefs on other by BUM****ING the shit out of villages and leaving no prisoners, plus norse people knew other clans were going to come, the crusaders just kinda showed up said "hai guyz!!" and initiates massacre

plus valhalla is 938.198715 quadrillion times better then lame ass heaven

edit: i dont particularly like christianity because the bible tends to make the hardcore christians hate gays and have an anti-abortion and stem cell research stance

i hold no religion in reverence (except both of the religions ending in -astafarian)
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Last edited by divinecrossfire at Oct 12, 2008,
I'm not sure to what extent the Vikings were actually motivated by faith, I read in some book (can't remember the name of it at the moment) that Norse mythology was more intended as entertainment that would occasionally have a lesson in it than serious religious doctrine.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
cause Thor sounds/looks cool and Jesus doesnt
/thread
Quote by mitchells_mom
I totally agree with LegionsOfDeath

Quote by Ovenman
Photoshop is for n00bs. Real men use MS paint.

tr00f
I just realised, religion thread. *reported*
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by BlackandSilver
That's because the difference between UG and 4chan is 4chan is full of smart people acting stupid and UG is full of stupid people acting smart.

sigged for the truth ( escept I am a smart )
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
Because Satan is awesome and God is not awesome.

lmao its so irelevant but at the same time funny
I don't see anyone bashing christianity and praising paganism. So, i don't knw what you're going on about.
I'm Catholic but I actually believe more in Pagan beliefs than Christian beliefs.

Like it or not, Christianity derived from Paganism.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox