I was wondering if you can do computer to amp kinda thing. Also can i play a toneport through the amp as well.

Guitar > Toneport > Computer > Amp

Possible?
Depending on what Toneport you have makes it easier or harder to set these two things up but yea it can be done.

To run amp into Toneport it's best to mic the cab however if you have a line or headphone out you can run that to the toneport. Just be sure you bypass the gearbox FX and DON'T run any speaker output to the interface.

To run computer to amp run the output of the toneport to your amps line in if you have one. No line in? well you can try the guitar input but keep the clean channel on and dont push anything too far...
Quote by moody07747
Depending on what Toneport you have makes it easier or harder to set these two things up but yea it can be done.

To run amp into Toneport it's best to mic the cab however if you have a line or headphone out you can run that to the toneport. Just be sure you bypass the gearbox FX and DON'T run any speaker output to the interface.

To run computer to amp run the output of the toneport to your amps line in if you have one. No line in? well you can try the guitar input but keep the clean channel on and dont push anything too far...

Im sorry forgot to mention. I have a Toneport GX. Will it work, or I gotta get some add ons? and I have no cabinet... So how should it go?

Guitar To the line in of the toneport > Line Out of the toneport should be my amp? and then put my amp in clean channel? Then run gearbox and then magic?
If you really want Gearbox sounds to come out of your amps, you'd need a reamp, and by that point, it's best just to get a Pod from Line6 to get the Gearbox sounds. Using the combo amps are fine...no cabinets are necessary...and you'd need a power amp in order to use one anyway.

There is a line-out on the GX, but I don't think there are non-instrumental inputs for your amps. You'll need a reamp ($99), a 3.5mm (mini) cable to XLR, and instrument cable. It's an awkward and tour-unfriendly setup, IMO.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
So...Im guessing I can't go through toneport and then through computer then to amp. That sucks.......
I have a MIDI controller, I plug that into my computer. Then I use my M-Audio Fastrack and use the RCA outputs on the Fastrack to get it into my amp. So my guitar amp works as a keyboard amp too.

Quote by sunofnothing4
I have a MIDI controller, I plug that into my computer. Then I use my M-Audio Fastrack and use the RCA outputs on the Fastrack to get it into my amp. So my guitar amp works as a keyboard amp too.

Dang man that's crazy cool. . I might try my peavey or my Roland cube to my computer today...
Well I tried to do my first method. Guitar through toneport, out to my amp. Don't work...It kept on saying my usb wasn't in but it was
Quote by Fast_Fingers
If you really want Gearbox sounds to come out of your amps, you'd need a reamp, and by that point, it's best just to get a Pod from Line6 to get the Gearbox sounds. Using the combo amps are fine...no cabinets are necessary...and you'd need a power amp in order to use one anyway.

There is a line-out on the GX, but I don't think there are non-instrumental inputs for your amps. You'll need a reamp ($99), a 3.5mm (mini) cable to XLR, and instrument cable. It's an awkward and tour-unfriendly setup, IMO.

The Cube amp does have a line in on the back so thats fine to use, the other amp probably would be a lot of work to hook up so the toneport plays though it...

So yea TS, just use your Roland amp. Run a cable out from the toneport to the line in jack at the back of the amp.

Quote by sunofnothing4

So basically you are using guitar amp as your computer speakers...crazy setup but im sure it works for some amps...