I'm building a 2x12 and I have two 16ohm speakers and two 80ohm speakers sitting around not doing anything. I know that putting the 16 ohms in series will get me 32 ohms, and putting them in parallel will get me 8ohms. The 8 ohms in series will be 16 ohms and in parallel 4 ohms.

My jackplate has two inputs, so would it be possible to use the 8 ohm speakers and have one input be 16 and one be 8 ohms? And would there be anyway I might be able to use the 16 ohm speakers and get one input at 8 and one at 16?

enjoy.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Sorry, I'm not sure what some of those things in the middle are. I've never been able to figure out schematics. But here's what I've got. Right now it's rigged up for 8 ohms out of just one of the inputs. Could you draw me a picture like this?

Also, do the little prongs on the side do anything differently than the one that face straight down? I was a little worried that maybe they put out signal instead of received it or something and that I might wind up accidentally sending the signal back to the amp.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Sorry, I'm not sure what some of those things in the middle are. I've never been able to figure out schematics.
then it's time to learn. It isn't difficult.

The jacks are represented with
the sleeve (left side),
tip (connection #2, goes to the red wires)
and switch (connection #3)

the switch connection is only used on the bottom jack of each drawing.
when you insert a plug into the bottom jack, it will disconnect the tip from the switch lug.
then only one speaker will work
if you use the top jack, both speakers will work.

you ONLY use one jack at a time with these circuits.

Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Also, do the little prongs on the side do anything differently than the one that face straight down? I was a little worried that maybe they put out signal instead of received it or something and that I might wind up accidentally sending the signal back to the amp.
no, the tabs on the side are just another place to make connections.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.