I have also placed this in another topic area ..

Gday,

Im a massive fan of the band.. I was really hoping to play an acoustic version of the song 'wish you were here' but cannot seem to find any chords anywhere..

Not entirely sure that the song is condusive to being played on an acoustic?

Has anyone got chords or ever tabbed this song for an acoustic guitar.

ta
Are you meaning they've done an acoustic version or you want to play an acoustic interpretation?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
acoustic incubus. hmmmm.

side note. your an aussie right, did you see them play @ Soundwave 08, Twas amazing
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
acoustic incubus. hmmmm.

side note. your an aussie right, did you see them play @ Soundwave 08, Twas amazing

Yeh i did mate, awesome stuff..

Andrew, i dont thnk they have done an acoustic version, however i was keen to have a crack at an acoustic version of that song. It might not be possible to find the right chords for that song to still sound good as an acoustic version but not sure..
I played that very song acoustically, and it does suit it how it is. I would consider a re-write of the verses though. I could help you think of something, I know the song very well. And dudes, I saw them at Soundwave AND their sideshow.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
I played that very song acoustically, and it does suit it how it is. I would consider a re-write of the verses though. I could help you think of something, I know the song very well. And dudes, I saw them at Soundwave AND their sideshow.

What chords did you use mate? Have you got it tabbed out?
I just played it with a bassist straight up how the tab is played but if you don't have another instrument, here's something I whipped up in about 5 minutes that may just work in the verses. (strum these chords very lightly)

e--------0---0----or---------|
B----0---0---0---7--7--------|
G----6---2---6---6--6--------|
D----4---4---6---7--x--------|
A----2---0---4---5--x--------|
E-------------------7--------|

re-enter the chorus the very last time with

e------------------------|
B------------------------|
G---9-s-11---11------|
D---x----x-----x-------|
A---7-s-9-----9-------|
E-----------------------|

NB: The last two chords in the first line are supposed to be in the one place, meaning you can play one or the other.

Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by IncubusMan999
I just played it with a bassist straight up how the tab is played but if you don't have another instrument, here's something I whipped up in about 5 minutes that may just work in the verses. (strum these chords very lightly)

e--------0---0----or---------|
B----0---0---0---7--7--------|
G----6---2---6---6--6--------|
D----4---4---6---7--x--------|
A----2---0---4---5--x--------|
E-------------------7--------|

re-enter the chorus the very last time with

e------------------------|
B------------------------|
G---9-s-11---11------|
D---x----x-----x-------|
A---7-s-9-----9-------|
E-----------------------|

NB: The last two chords in the first line are supposed to be in the one place, meaning you can play one or the other.

Thanks mate, ill give it a crack..