should the string come in contact with the pickup? On my strat its not an issue, but my Washburn if I push down it would be pushing on the pickup
i think that its not a matter or pushing down, more of contact. it sounds like something id do with a slide, so id imagine hed push down with his nail so that the string is down still on the last fret and use it as sorta a slide. make sure youre on the bridge pickup tho.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
That seems to be along the same line, but if you watch the video, he slides up to the last note, and its a constant slide the entire way and I can't quite figure it out
I just realized that this post is a couple of days old, but I wanted to comment anyway.

I do this same thing by using my index finger(nail). Use plenty of gain and the bridge pickup(as stated in previous posts). Just slide up the neck while tremolo picking.
Quote by ClassAxe
I just realized that this post is a couple of days old, but I wanted to comment anyway.

I do this same thing by using my index finger(nail). Use plenty of gain and the bridge pickup(as stated in previous posts). Just slide up the neck while tremolo picking.

Few days old, but your input is more than helpful cause I was still getting no where. I shall try that
You can fret on the neck pickups of certain strats too.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
i can kinda do that on my strat as it doesnt have staggard poles, sounds like crap though. In that vid it is a double fat strat though