Hello pit, i am involved in an annual concert even thing, where students of two participating schools audition, and play music together (pretty big deal around here). So usually every year theres one instrumental song, last year it was done by me and some not so great player who had no idea what he was doing, so this year i decided id like to do a song by myself (guitarist wise i mean, still with bass/drums/piano(?) ). So, i need suggestions on what song i should do. I've come across some i would like to do, such as come on baby- satch, Angel monster - buckethead, Too many humans - buckethead, Brothers in arms - dire straits.

But, i dont find come on baby has the * atmosphere* im looking for, and alot of BH songs dont have tabs, and im really not up for figuring his songs out by ear, would take too long, andd also, brothers in arms does not have enough guitar for my liking.

I would like suggestions on songs in this type of category, or something else you think would be a crowd pleaser
No Money, No Honey.
mm, in flames is a little heavier than what i was looking for. Im looking for something nice and slow, touching almost, something that people will remember
No Money, No Honey.
Quote by squier19
mm, in flames is a little heavier than what i was looking for. Im looking for something nice and slow, touching almost, something that people will remember

I take it you didn't listen to the song? :P

The acoustic melody at the end of In flames - Ever Dying is great too, very.... 'deep'.
if you can find another (decent) guitarist play avenged sevenfold, eg unholy confessions, its pretty challenging yet easy at the same time.Metallica, megadeth also
and welcome home by Coheed and Cambria

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
yeah, sorry about that lol, didnt listen to the song, didnt see you had posted one. But, the song is too short , i was looking for something around 3-5 minutes ish

EDIT:
Quote by hugh20
if you can find another (decent) guitarist play avenged sevenfold, eg unholy confessions, its pretty challenging yet easy at the same time.Metallica, megadeth also
and welcome home by Coheed and Cambria

Actually, we played welcome home last year, and thats where my other guitarist ****ed up majorly, cause we did the whole dueling solo thing, and he was overly lost, which is why id prefer to do a single guitar thing
No Money, No Honey.
Last edited by squier19 at Oct 13, 2008,
you should go for something like dust in the win or behind blue eyes something not challenging but still sounds good
SKY BLUE TEAM OWNS ALL (If we still exsited)