Hey guys! My band Avenue Of Embers put up a video of one of our songs we played at the show with Nineteen Ninety Seven the 30th. The song is one of our slower ones, and it gets better through out the song in my opinion. I'd appreciate as much feedback as you can provide on as many things as you want!

www.myspace.com/avenueofembers

Thanks!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Jeeze, all the bands with female singers these days sound like Paramore.

This is a problem.
I despiseeeeeeeeeeeeeee that! I've been told by numerous people 'Don't ever let anyone compare you to Paramore. The only people who will think that are the people who ONLY listen to mainstream music"

And I will agree with that. The only member of our band who considers themselves a fan of Paramore is our drummer.

Thanks!
Keep it coming!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
I despiseeeeeeeeeeeeeee that! I've been told by numerous people 'Don't ever let anyone compare you to Paramore. The only people who will think that are the people who ONLY listen to mainstream music"

And I will agree with that. The only member of our band who considers themselves a fan of Paramore is our drummer.

Thanks!
Keep it coming!

Actually, I would think it would come from the people who DON'T listen to mainstream music because they wouldn't know the difference as much. Unfortunately I have a sister and mom who LOVE mainstream music and Paramore, so I am automatically forced into listening to that haha. I like Paramore's music, I just CAN'T STAND her voice. Too whiny, and I hate her "accent" lol.

You guys are good for your type of music (just not the genre I prefer), again, I just don't like the vocals haha.

Keep rockin' though, guys!!
We get compared to Joan Jette (?) more than Paramore it seems. But thanks! I'm going over this huge debate whether to recruit a second guitarist or not. Just so there can be more technical guitar things going on.

Did you happen to listen to our other songs?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
hey man i gotta say i really like your stuff... great songs, favourite is Let Go Of Yesterday. great guitar on that to man! all i gotta say is you guys (and girl) have what it takes for sure
Quote by Cejis33
hey man i gotta say i really like your stuff... great songs, favourite is Let Go Of Yesterday. great guitar on that to man! all i gotta say is you guys (and girl) have what it takes for sure

Hey thanks dude! You don't know how much I appreciate that!

And I like that song too Fun to play
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
ya man no problem... great style your band has and you know where i could download some of that stuff, like if its alright with you guys.... i would just wanna put some of that on my ipod just to listen to it lol
Quote by Cejis33
ya man no problem... great style your band has and you know where i could download some of that stuff, like if its alright with you guys.... i would just wanna put some of that on my ipod just to listen to it lol

Um as of right now we don't have the downloading enabled, I'll have to talk to the others tomorrow to see if thats something we want to do. The way we normally do it, is we give out songs at our shows. But seeing as you don't live in Utah and we're probably not going out of state for a few months I'll see what I can do. \

Thanks again man!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
hey man nice stuff, i love it. not my number 1 favorite kinda music but hell, i listen to everything really, and i know what good is. so keep it up you guys
oh by the way, in my opinion, definately get a second guitarist. fill some sound and with this style of music, more technical stuff and harmonies would sound super badass especially with the style of singing and vocal harmonies and all. (hope all that makes sense) ha
Your stuff sounds pretty good. Just listening through the tracks right now. I think you'd probably benefit from a 2nd guitarist too. Great stuff!
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Thanks everyone with the feedback so far. But I mean realistically, we're automatically going to be compared to Paramore because we have a female singer in "Rock" music. There aren't a WHOLE lot of bands in this genre with girl singers that people know of, so they're going to compare us to what they know. But I suggest looking past that... If you want to, cool, but if you're really listening, you can't picture them playing our songs and still being "them."

Thanks and keep it coming!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Wow, what a refreshing surprise...I like your sound for sure...My Ideas for March is now stuck in my head.........Thanx
Is it ok if I've never heard of Paramore?!? A second guitar player would only help your sound, unless of course he/she is an asshole....:P
Some days your the dog and some your the hydrant...
Whats wron with Paramore??? There not that bad, im a metal head and I think there not that bad, lol. I really like your stuff, sounds good, as some people said, I think a second guitar would be a good choice.
Last edited by braady123 at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by DieselFly
Wow, what a refreshing surprise...I like your sound for sure...My Ideas for March is now stuck in my head.........Thanx
Is it ok if I've never heard of Paramore?!? A second guitar player would only help your sound, unless of course he/she is an asshole....:P

Nothing is wrong with Paramore, I'm sure they're a great band. But it would be annoying for someone to assume we're Paramore with a different face. Or a wanna-be band or something like that. It's just a crappy shadow to be in. Thankfully it gets less common every day
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)