well... i was playing halo yesterday and my xbox randomly shut off and powered back on by itself...

it came back on and no profiles are found...like no hard drive was connected (it was connected)....i try recovering gamertag but it cant recover a gamertag if you dont have a storage device...(which i did have)....

so my question is what went wrong and how do i solve this???

my console is out of warranty bought in april 2007....so yeah...i heard microsoft non-warranty repairs are costly..so thats a no on that....

i tried the power cycle with no luck :'(
mines worse ive spent almost 20 dollars in downloads i cant use cause when my xbox was ****ed up it downloaded stuff to a corrupt part of the hard drive and xbox transfers me constantly when i call them
Hard drive bricking? that's a new 360 fail to me.

Having this happen once out of several million consoles is hardly a fail...

360's the worst

That explains why the 360 is the best selling next gen console
Quote by Pepperommi

Last time I looked if something fails to work, that counts as a fail.

And the wii is the biggest next gen console.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Last time I looked if something fails to work, that counts as a fail.

And the wii is the biggest next gen console.

I have a 360 and a Wii. Wii sucks, 360 blows it out of the water.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
The wii cannot even be considered as a next gen console until it gets an HD component. And last time i checked one failure in several million is still a very high success rate. Yeah i know the 360 had alot of failures but saying that this one guys 360 makes the whole console a fail is just plain stupid.
Quote by guitar4life24
I have a 360 and a Wii. Wii sucks, 360 blows it out of the water.
That doesn't actually affect sales figures. They are what they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, so?
Quote by Pepperommi
The wii cannot even be considered as a next gen console until it gets an HD component. And last time i checked one failure in several million is still a very high success rate. Yeah i know the 360 had alot of failures but saying that this one guys 360 makes the whole console a fail is just plain stupid.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Read a little harder and don't make assumptions.
wiis not a next gen console. everyone bought them as usual from nintendo they dont bring out a lot of good games. anyone wanna buy a wii plus zelda, mario kart, mario galaxy, smash bros, tiger woods 08.. 280 quid lol

BTW the wii has had failures. I had to take mine into get it fixed it wouldnt play smash bros.

My 360 had a hard drive failure, and a motherboard failure btw.
Quote by Pepperommi
Wasn't making assumptions. I was just replying to exactly what you wrote
Quote by Pepperommi
but saying that this one guys 360 makes the whole console a fail is just plain stupid.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Please point out the bit where I said this applied to all Xbox360's. Also read bolded word. Repeatedly as (appears to be) necessary.
Simply saying "a new 360 fail" makes the "360" part a collective noun therefore applying to ALL consoles...maybe you should think before you submit your unclear thoughts (as appears to be necessary) ....wow
Quote by Pepperommi

I knew what he meant.

And the Wii is the best selling CURRENT GEN console. There aren't next gen consoles. PS3/360/Wii are CURRENT GEN.

Quote by Pepperommi

Quote by freedoms_stain
That doesn't actually affect sales figures. They are what they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, so?

Read a little harder and don't make assumptions.

At least I understand you.

Yikes we've got some (for lack of a better term) fanboys on here.

I was coming in here to tell him to go to the gaming thread, but I don't want this garbage in there.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Pepperommi
Can't admit you've been pwned?

Seriously, relax. You misinterperetted him. Ease up.

And seriously...

'a new 360 fail'

Not fail in the way people use the term on here, but a hardware failure. You don't hear much of hard drives failing in 360s as opposed to other issues, so it seemed like a NEW hardware fail to him.

At least, that's how I read it.
Ive had my xbox for close to to 3 years now and ive never had a single problem with it.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Haha man, I knew this was going to turn into a flame war so i just wanted to keep it going cause im bored....and i thought the easiest way to do this was to use the fail thing because i knew if i said the 360 wasn't a fail all the RROD things would be brought up...wrong on that part but this was still entertaining
Quote by Arch Enemy 65
Ive had my xbox for close to to 3 years now and ive never had a single problem with it.

And there are many others who haven't.
Quote by Pepperommi
Haha man, I knew this was going to turn into a flame war so i just wanted to keep it going cause im bored....and i thought the easiest way to do this was to use the fail thing because i knew if i said the 360 wasn't a fail all the RROD things would be brought up...wrong on that part but this was still entertaining

Oh goodness.

This wasn't a flame war. This is FAR from being a flame war. You just looked ridiculous for 'appearing' to take offense so easily.

The RROD stuff is over. It affected a massive amount of people, along with many other hardware issues. Microsoft has finally gotten around to fixing the things.

The majority of this website favors the 360 anyway, I don't know what you were expecting.
Well you are continuing to keep this interesting... and sorry I don't spend enough time on this site to know what console it favours. and by flame war i pretty much just meant anyone getting p1ssed off