Page 1 of 5
why does everybody hate the jonas brothers so bad?
sure, they may have shitloads of obsessive, stupid fans but i mean...

i don't like them as people themselves, their very self-centered and arrogant, and they have tons of product placement and the such, and i hate that,

but music wise,

a few of their songs sound like ordinary, harmless pop rock, some even decent,

so whats the deal?
why is it cool for everyone to flame the jonas brothers?
might as well go flame every single other pop rock band.
I fucking love them.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I once jacked off to a picture of Nick.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
I'm just not a fan of their music. Besides, not everyone here bashes them, I just ignore them.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
I doubt you'll find sympathy on this website.

The average user thinks Cannibal Corpse is too soft
Because they could get laid SO much, but they decide not to.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I think people flame them because what they are doing isn't anything special yet they get attention and millions because their dad or whoever it is with the Disney connections got them a deal hundreds of other bands worked harder for and deserve more.

I am surprised you say some of their songs are alright..shouldn't you be saying the songs written by a team of 15 Disney salaried songwriters were good? Bands that rely on corporate songwriters to write their lyrics, music and fabricate their own image are what is sucking the life out of modern music.
i hate them why you hate them TS... they are into themselves with no reason to be and they are over advertised

it is just normal pop rock...but i hate all of todays music so whatever..
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
I'm tottally ambivalent towards the Jonas Brothers, I have ony heard of them in passing on web forums, and have no real idea who they are, other than the fact that they are some Disney sponsored crap.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
whatever. disney songwriters, idc. the point is, its not bad enough to be flaming 24/7,

anyhow, i dont listen to them,

its just the fact that everybodys bashing them for no reason that pisses me off.

they had connections with disney, their lucky and making money.
wow. is that seriously why everybody flames?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Because they could get laid SO much, but they decide not to.

I know. Promise rings? Don't you wear those when you KNOW you won't get laid?
i dont hate them.
some of their songs are very catchy
i just hate their 13 year old idiot fans who argue to the death over which one they're gonna marry
nothing wrong with them they are honest about their commerciality and boy band ness. i dislike rock and metal bands who try to appeal to the girls and emo fags with their eye liner etc while still contending their 'brutality'
Quote by amazing FretMan
i hate them why you hate them TS... they are into themselves with no reason to be and they are over advertised

it is just normal pop rock...but i hate all of todays music so whatever..

exactly.

they are super over advertised to the point where its annoying.

i walked into walgreens and found jonas brother candy!

but i mean, if thats the reason that their being flamed, then why don't steve jobs, bill gates,
and all other multi millionaires get flamed as well?
Quote by highroller540
whatever. disney songwriters, idc. the point is, its not bad enough to be flaming 24/7,

its just the fact that everybodys bashing them for no reason that pisses me off.

It's not hard to understand why a bunch of musicians who work their asses off to get any recognition at all get pissed off by people who apparently aren't that talented and get success handed to them with little effort.

Last.fm
Now that I think about it, I actually love the Jonas Brothers because they're so horrible, they make every other musician sound like a god!
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
people hate them because they and a shitload of others symbolize what's wrong with America: people who garner undeserved amounts of attention by having others write shit and take glossy posters and have parent corporates turn them into a brand.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
thats the thing though,

talent just.. doesn't cut it nowadays.

connections are everything in todays music industry.
I'm pretty sure their dad writes all the music.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It's not hard to understand why a bunch of musicians who work their asses off to get any recognition at all get pissed off by people who apparently aren't that talented and get success handed to them with little effort.

+1. I do think that the Jonas Brothers are probably a bit over-hated, still, you can't help but be a little bit pissed that they're rich, famous, and untalented.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I think people flame them because what they are doing isn't anything special yet they get attention and millions because their dad or whoever it is with the Disney connections got them a deal hundreds of other bands worked harder for and deserve more.

I am surprised you say some of their songs are alright..shouldn't you be saying the songs written by a team of 15 Disney salaried songwriters were good? Bands that rely on corporate songwriters to write their lyrics, music and fabricate their own image are what is sucking the life out of modern music.

they write (most of) their own songs, honey.
Quote by highroller540
thats the thing though,

talent just.. doesn't cut it nowadays.

connections are everything in todays music industry.

Meh, depending on what genre your in that's debatable, theres still a lot of talented people selling records, they just have to do it witout MTV or the radio.
Quote by cubs
they write (most of) their own songs, honey.

I highly doubt that, even if they get writer credits that just means the songwriters have work for hire contracts.

Last.fm
Quote by highroller540

.....yeeeeeaahhhhhhhh?......

jonas brothers are famous and they suck at the same time thats why we hate them
there is good talent out there that isnt being recognized because people only want the same shitty songs over and over again
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

I wouldn't call corporate-manufactured pop-rock harmless.
People who actually care for music and pour their souls into it get shafted, but these bone-heads get massive amounts of attention for doing basically nothing worthwhile.

Hell, I'm content with Megan Fox badmouthing Disney (which offically makes her the hottest chick of all time). Her comment on those big-wigs destroying kids lives for 15 minutes of fame is spot on. Spot on.
Quote by highroller540

Pretty much, they are the anti thesis of what a musician should be. They aren't skilled musicians, they can't write a lyric to save their life, and they get dressed up by 50 year old corporate adults. They are a packaged group appealing to generic kids who will unfortunately grow up brainwashed and not thinking for themselves, spawning another generation of warped corporate money makers. In short, the soul has been sucked out of music.
people hate them because their music is exactly what you said it was: harmless pop-punk. There are a TON of bands who play that exact music but never make it big. The thing is, the Jonas Brothers completely sold their souls to Disney from the get-go of their musical career, they probably put in the same amount of work in a month as the average band does in one day. All they have to do is walk on stage, play 5 to 10 simple songs, and walk off. And the result is that millions of girls are obsessed with them and they are teenage millionaires.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Meh, depending on what genre your in that's debatable, theres still a lot of talented people selling records, they just have to do it witout MTV or the radio.

I highly doubt that, even if they get writer credits that just means the songwriters have work for hire contracts.

yeah, but not shitloads of records.

if you think about it,
during the beatles time

a SHITLOAD of guys hated the beatles,
because all the girls were obsessed with them,
and they were rich and famous,
and they played simple rock and roll

now several decades later, everybody loves them.
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! please tell me this is sarcasm...

jonas brothers are so bad the world is killing itself with global warming

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by highroller540
why does everybody hate the jonas brothers so bad?
sure, they may have shitloads of obsessive, stupid fans but i mean...

i don't like them as people themselves, their very self-centered and arrogant, and they have tons of product placement and the such, and i hate that,

but music wise,

a few of their songs sound like ordinary, harmless pop rock, some even decent,

so whats the deal?
why is it cool for everyone to flame the jonas brothers?

lol I made a thread like this just a week ago :] I agree with u (Y)
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
***Very similar opinion***

What this guy said...
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

This. And also, they don't even play their songs live. They walk around the audience (tv shows i've seen, unintentionally) wooing them while the muscians in the background play and yet nobody notices them.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by huevos

Hell, I'm content with Megan Fox badmouthing Disney (which offically makes her the hottest chick of all time). Her comment on those big-wigs destroying kids lives for 15 minutes of fame is spot on. Spot on.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Who they?
jk
One time i decided to listen to one of hteir songs cause everyone talks about them...
and i got a few seconds through... i had to stop... i nearly dieded...
Quote by highroller540
yeah, but not shitloads of records.

if you think about it,
during the beatles time

a SHITLOAD of guys hated the beatles,
because all the girls were obsessed with them,
and they were rich and famous,
and they played simple rock and roll

now several decades later, everybody loves them.

Yeah, but the Beatles could write eallyamazing songs and weren't corporate tools, chances are people will have largely forgotten about the Jonas Brothers in about 5 years, unless they escape the clutches of Disney and start doing thier own thing.

as for the shitloads of records thing, It doesnt matter al that much realy, record sales tend not to do crap for most artists anyways, they just serve to enrich the CEOs at the record labels.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Oct 13, 2008,
my problem is not with them, but rather the fans, they seem to think their the greatest thing since peanut butter.
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

This
It's like ZO2 got famous for the wrong reason...and they're called the Jonas Brothers instead.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Because they are the epitomy of the term "soulless FUCKS". They embody everything that I hate in society.
I would call them sell outs, but that would imply that they had some sort of street cred.
Page 1 of 5