Page 1 of 2
what do you think the chances of getting lung cancer from cigarettes is?

just wondering
Last edited by scissormetimber at Oct 13, 2008,
I would say 1 in 3 will eventually get cancer of some sort because of cigarettes(a wild guess). It's not only lung cancer you're risking, but cancer in any part of your body that the smoke comes in contact with regularly.
I also say 99% will get some sort of complication of any sort due to smoking.
I recommend finding a different hobby.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by scissormetimber
what do you think the chances of getting lung cancer from cigarettes is? like if someone smoked a few cigs a day. i was wondering because i was thinking of taking up smoking, just because i have nothing better to do. i used to smoke for like a month or two but i quit for fear of getting cancer one day.

that is possibly one of the stupidest things ive ever read.

but more on point, i dont really know. obviously the chances will increase though. try google. im sure you can find info on that.
Seriously find something else to do, if not for the sake of just saving money, or maybe even your life.
It depends on the person. Some people can smoke 2 packs a day for 40 years and not get lung cancer. Other people can not touch a cigarette in their lives and still get lung cancer.

It definitely improves your chances of getting lung cancer, however.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
No offense, but take it from a smoker, don't smoke just because you "have nothing better to do". It definitely takes a toll on the lungs, and the wallet. After being at about a pack a day for a few years, I can't even run a 50 yard dash without feeling like a just ran a marathon. Smoking is addictive. I love it, but it's addictive as hell. Make your own choice, but at least have a better reason than a 'just because'.
Quote by scissormetimber
what do you think the chances of getting lung cancer from cigarettes is? like if someone smoked a few cigs a day. i was wondering because i was thinking of taking up smoking, just because i have nothing better to do. i used to smoke for like a month or two but i quit for fear of getting cancer one day.

You're a dumbass.
most people seem to get cancer anyway.

can't put a price on looking awesome.
It's not a good habbit to pickup. I don't know any figures, but you are more likely to get cancer if you smoke. Take it from a smoker, don't smoke, it's too hard to quit.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
You're a dumbass.

its my life and i can "kill myself" if i want to. dont come to this thread to flame me.
Quote by scissormetimber

Well if you do take up smoking just because you have nothing to do congrats for being stupid. Get a hobby... you're on a guitar website for god's sake!
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
dude try masterbating more
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic

Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
sounds like a cry for attention to me. concentrate on your schoolwork and your family.
Quote by scissormetimber
its my life and i can "kill myself" if i want to. dont come to this thread to flame me.

Fine, kill yourself, we don't care....

But we really do or else we wouldn't be calling you a dumbass.
Quote by scissormetimber

Oh, smoking to take up time and be cool... isn't cool anymore, you missed the 80s and 90s buddy.

What did you expect for being such a douchebag? For us to come and welcome you with open arms?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

i see a lot of people are anti smoking on here... why else would someone take up smoking? if i said "to look cool" would that have been any better?

edit: and no, its not to "look cool"
lol the fact that your "considering smoking" means that you shouldnt. either you smoke, or you dont, there is no thinking about it. and even further on that point, the more you "want" to smoke, but dont, just means that you are really bored, and you should smoke less
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I've just come to this conclusion
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Sounds like a troll to me.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
Quote by scissormetimber

Then make the choice yourself and don't ask us.
Quote by scissormetimber
i see a lot of people are anti smoking on here... why else would someone take up smoking? if i said "to look cool" would that have been any better?

edit: and no, its not to "look cool"

Yes we are pro-smoking. Smoking is good for you and makes you fit.

What is there to gain?
Quote by scissormetimber

Natural selection at work.
Thank you for attempting to remove yourself from the gene pool.
However, even though you're trying really hard, we still are a bit worried that it might be too slow, and you might accidentaly produce offspring.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Grimmy101
Then make the choice yourself and don't ask us.

oh my god, i was asking what the chances of getting cancer are, not wether to smoke or not
Quote by Minkaro
Then save money, and jump off a bridge.

No point having money if you're gonna drown, though. He should buy a catapult and launch himself over a large canyon pass instead.
Quote by scissormetimber

hes not flaming you, hes just pointing out that he, and most of us, have found the least valid reason in the world to start smoking. dont do it man, for any upside it has the downsides just completely ass-rape them
Quote by ihavenoname93
hes not flaming you, hes just pointing out that he, and most of us, have found the least valid reason in the world to start smoking. dont do it man, for any upside it has the downsides just completely ass-rape them

ok everyone, i wont start smoking, ok?!?!?! can someone just tell me what u think the chances of getting lung cancer are? im curious....
Quote by scissormetimber
oh my god, i was asking what the chances of getting cancer are, not wether to smoke or not

Go back to the first reply. It's not that wild of a guess.
Quote by scissormetimber

There's a damn good chance of getting cancer, but that takes a while. Find a knife to make it go quicker Mr. Troll
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by InvaderTSN
No point having money if you're gonna drown, though. He should buy a catapult and launch himself over a large canyon pass instead.

I never specified what kind of bridge. One over a motorway should do it. Bonus points for landing in a convertible.
if you smoke you will die
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by Minkaro
I never specified what kind of bridge. One over a motorway should do it. Bonus points for landing in a convertible.

Could we still involve the catapult?

Quote by shadowsoldier08
if you smoke you will die

You mean cigarettes aren't the key to immortality? Fucking traveling salesman.....
Well, smoking is like punching a baby in front of cop: doing it once is just as bad as doing it a hundred times. So, do it as much as you can, as often as you can!
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
I can almost guarantee that if some other smoking-related diseae or illness doesnt kill you, lung cancer will.
Page 1 of 2