So I'm looking for some really good singer songwriters like Colin Hay or Elliott Smith. You know, just a singer and a guitar.

Anybody know any good artists?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Thank you I'll go check them all out now.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I saw Johnathan Kingham live and he was pretty awesome. I don't think his recordings sound like just a singer and a guitar though. He's still awesome - in the middle of a song he freestyle rapped for 3 minutes about what had happened that day WHILE PLAYING GUITAR then went back to his amazing guitar playing and singing.

http://www.jonathankingham.com/mainpage.asp
city and colour (dallas green from alexisonfire) although there might be some other people in it. i'm not sure
Bob Dylan
Tom Waits
Bruce Springsteen
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Iron & Wine
Fionn Regan
Devendra Banhart has some songs with just him. Worth a listen.
Oh and Nick Drake, too.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Jeff Buckley
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who