i've been browsing through Guitar Fetish and found some nice looking tremolos, tuners, and humbuckers for really low prices

im looking for a way to make my MIM standard strat a bit more unique
(it serves me well now, but i wouldnt mind if it looked cooler and had slightly better hardwares)

what i wanna know is, since these are so.... affordable,
are they really improvement over stock MIM strat hardwares?
i mean, i don't wanna put in inferior hardwares just because they look cooler

my strat is a 2003 model, if that helps in any way
they are way good, i've bought a loaded pickgaurd with humbuckers and a mini humbucker. they have my support
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
I'm thinkin about buying a set of pups from them myself, curious to how reliable their stuff is
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Some of their stuff is decent and some of it is way to cheap to have any quality. Example your not going to get even a decent floyd rose bridge for 60 bucks.
I bought a loaded pickguard from them when I was rebuilding a Squier Strat. It was a HUGE improvement over the Squier pups. It was SSS though.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Oh yeah. GFS pickups are class, alright.
I'm going to order a few hard parts to sparken up my Agile soon.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

try some locking tuners for the strat it will help with whammy abuse if ya ever feel like going crazy with it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I got the GFS 70's Greybottom overwounds in my strat and I love them. And for $65 or whatever, they can't be beat. 10k bridge pickup has some bite
http://store.guitarfetish.com/minmeimuptrb.html
any opinions on this particular bridge??
they say that it's a big upgrade from stock MIMs, but i never trust sellers' opinions

im hearing a lot about their pickups, but only one or two of you guys mentioned their hardwares and i would like some more thoughts on em
Quote by dagurime
http://store.guitarfetish.com/minmeimuptrb.html
any opinions on this particular bridge??
they say that it's a big upgrade from stock MIMs, but i never trust sellers' opinions

im hearing a lot about their pickups, but only one or two of you guys mentioned their hardwares and i would like some more thoughts on em

looks good to me, no personal experience but I'd probably buy it
Quote by eurotrashed
I got the GFS 70's Greybottom overwounds in my strat and I love them. And for $65 or whatever, they can't be beat. 10k bridge pickup has some bite

Except they're not truthful about the materials the pickups are made of.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to stick with the MIM bridge and just upgrade the trem block to a Callaham. Set the MIM one up right, and it'll keep in tune fine.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Except they're not truthful about the materials the pickups are made of.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to stick with the MIM bridge and just upgrade the trem block to a Callaham. Set the MIM one up right, and it'll keep in tune fine.

what do you mean? ellaborate NOW!
Quote by forsaknazrael
When they say "formvar plane enamel", that's incorrect. Those are two different types of pickup wire.
Most of their their "vintage" stuff is much hotter than vintage.

Is it possible that they're incorporating both type of pickup wire into their magnetic sound-picker-uppers? lol

btw how hot is 9.5k, is that like hard-rock, early metal hot? (thats bridge position btw)
Quote by RabbidWolf
Is it possible that they're incorporating both type of pickup wire into their magnetic sound-picker-uppers? lol

btw how hot is 9.5k, is that like hard-rock, early metal hot? (thats bridge position btw)

No, they're just making something up about it.

There's more stuff, but I can't be arsed to remember.
I searched for Cord's old posts:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15985690&postcount=9
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10592787&postcount=21
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10593675&postcount=23

9.5k is a pretty hot single coil, but if wound right, can be a good bridge pickup, as it won't sound thin.
I think they sell kind of cheasy stuff but they prices and support is really good. I bought on ebay and they never shipped and I emailed them and they were friendly and got things right out.

I also had a wiring question one time and they got right back to me.