The bridge pickup tone knob on my Les Paul has started sounding a little scratchy and static-y. It only happens when I turn the knob while a note is sounding--I can mute the strings, change the level on it, and then the signal through it is totally fine after. But, that doesn't help with in-the-moment tone tweaks.

Can anybody tell me how I can fix this?
It's just dust/crud that's gotten in the pot between the little wiper and the resistor. You might be able to clean it out with a shot of compressed air. I've never heard of contact cleaner, but that might work also. Replacement always works too.
i too have this problem with my tone pot
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Should I take off the knob and spray it in then? (And if so, how can I pull the knob off without damaging it?) Or can I shoot it down through underneath?

I don't mind replacing it, but I'm willing to spend a little time to fix it, unless it turns into a hassle.
take off the knob, and un screw the back plate and just shoot it right in there lol
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
If it's only one pot, I'd probably just buy another one if it bothers you that much. A can of contact cleaner will probably cost as much or more than a new pot.

Of course if you have already have it or have some compressed air laying around, that might take care of it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com