hey guys, i just bought an epiphone DOT studio. i love the feel of it, but the stock pickups just dont do it for me, so im swapping them out. my style is anywhere between heavy blues to light metal. i was wondering if you could suggest some pickups for me. thanks
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Duncan JB Bridge
PAF joe for the Neck.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by jwax
Duncan JB Bridge
PAF joe for the Neck.

i was looking at those earlier today, the audio samples sounded good, and i was considering those. thanks
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
If you want to stick with a passive pickup, I would put a Gibson Dirty Fingers or the PAF.

Maybe a Seymour Duncan SH-8

Actually, I would put 57's in it, but that won't be the best for metal... BUT you would have the best tone around...
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Putting '57s in it would be pointless. The stock pickups it comes with are already built off the '57 design, just made in China rather than America. Tonally 'upgrading' to '57s would get you a little more clarity and dynamic response, but it'd only be the smallest possible change, which depending on your amp, you may not even notice.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.