Page 1 of 2
i searched and didnt find one quite specific as to what i was looking for. what are some good movies based on video games, specifically horror ones? ive only seen like, 3 that would fit the category, but id love to see more. my favorite would have to be silent hill. thanks for the help.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Silent hill?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your post.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Oct 13, 2008,
thats your opinion, youre entitled to it. but please, only post in here if youre going to help me out.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
all i can think of is doom, but i've heard doom is the worst movie ever.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark by Uwe Boll were amazing. Great films. The plot lines and acting were spot on with how the characters in the game were.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
thats your opinion, youre entitled to it. but please, only post in here if youre going to help me out.

I was helping. Seriously almost every time Hollywood has attempted to make a film adaptation of a game, it has failed miserably. The only ones that I think are remotely decent are the first two Resident Evil movies.
I heard Doom sucked, but I didn't think it did. Although I know nothing about the games, I'm assuming there ain't much to 'em except shoot things.
Well, technically, it's true.

If you're looking for faithful adaptations, you're shit out of luck.

Silent Hill, as a movie, isn't really all that bad. As an adaptation? Not all that great.

And stay as far away from Uwe Boll as you can. For arguement's sake, he has the Ebola virus, and coming within 50 yards of him and inches from watching his movies gives you an incurable version of the virus.

That is all.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i thought doom was alright. i mean, i dont play video games much anymore, but ive heard from gamers that its the best of the video game-movies, even though critics say it was the worst ever though. but yeah, i liked it, just not my favorite. but like i said, i havent seen many of those kinds of movies.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by kman123
max paynes looking sweet
go watch house of the dead or something

Mark Wahlberg is a terrible actor
They should have gotten someone else
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by fallenangel20
Well, technically, it's true.

If you're looking for faithful adaptations, you're shit out of luck.

Silent Hill, as a movie, isn't really all that bad. As an adaptation? Not all that great.

And stay as far away from Uwe Boll as you can. For arguement's sake, he has the Ebola virus, and coming within 50 yards of him and inches from watching his movies gives you an incurable version of the virus.

That is all.

im not looking for exact adaptations, just based on the general plot of a game, that also happens to be good, and not terrible, i.e: the most recent resident evil movie. taht sucked ballz
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
the only video game movei I ever thought was any good was Mortal Kombat, and that's obviously not a horror movie, seriously, pretty much all non-anime video game movies are horrible (a lot of the anime ones are too, but they have a better ratio of good to bad)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Resident Evil is a book?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Not horror, but I thought Final Fantasy: The spirit within was good.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
Mark Wahlberg is a terrible actor
They should have gotten someone else

You shut your mouth about Marky Mark!
Quote by fallenangel20

Just thought I'd throw this out there, but Uwe Boll's adaptation of Postal was one of the most entertaining pieces of cinematic garbage I've ever witnessed.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Not horror, but I thought Final Fantasy: The spirit within was good.

FFVII: Advent Children was even better

Last.fm
Quote by happytimeharry
Just thought I'd throw this out there, but Uwe Boll's adaptation of Postal was one of the most entertaining pieces of cinematic garbage I've ever witnessed.

Yes, yes, yes. I know.

I still need to see it. For the lulz, of course.

Even though I wish the man no fame and/or fortune, it would still be pretty amazing if it garnered Plan 9 From Outer Space-esque horrible-B-movie love.

Saxo-Walrus

im a huge Doom fan and i say that the doom movie wasn't that bad
hmm no GOOD horror based ones come to mind
the resident evil series i guess
only two Uwe Boll movies i liked would have to be Postal and that movie with Jason Stathem based of Dungeon Seige
Dick+strings= owww
im kind of interested in just the horror kind. and like i said, they dont have to be faithful adaptations.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by fallenangel20
Yes, yes, yes. I know.

I still need to see it. For the lulz, of course.

As I've told you before...

THE DUDE USES A CAT FOR A SILENCER!!!

Seriously one of the best movie moments ever. I give Uwe Boll props for pulling that out of his ass.
Quote by creeping.death!
"Good movies based on games" is an oxymoron.

Wrong...watch Postal....tis very very funny....

its Uwe Boll's ONLY good film
oo.. i also remember, there is a rumor floating around about there being a saw game that is supposed to be released on the ps3 and the 360 in 2009
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by Strato-Massacre
im kind of interested in just the horror kind. and like i said, they dont have to be faithful adaptations.

Whether or not they are faithful adaptions doesn't even enter the equation, they're all just realy bad movies. That being said, since you keep asking, I'll suggest Alone in the Dark.

Last.fm
Postal comes closest to the game in terms of game based reality. It's so nonsense and unreal that's it's just like a game. I thought it was very good and original adaptation.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by happytimeharry
As I've told you before...

THE DUDE USES A CAT FOR A SILENCER!!!

Seriously one of the best movie moments ever. I give Uwe Boll props for pulling that out of his ass.

I've never played the game, but couldn't you do that in the game to begin with?

I've been told you could. I don't know whether I want to be wrong or not.

Saxo-Walrus

hitman was undoubtedly the worst film ever made.

as for horror games turned movies - silent hill, resident evil, doom.
i dont think there are any other popular franchises which have been turned into movies.

but alas, look to the future my dear boy.
on the horizon there is a large variety of movie games.
prince of persia film with jake gyllenhall.
bioshock film directed by the guy who did pirates of the carribean.
gears of war film
god of war film
resident evil is making a cgi movie, i think its like a spin off from the upcoming game - looks quite decent.
rumour has it a kingdom hearts game is being made
a halo film was going to be made but i think i read their was a fallout between companies and they no longer have a produce, makes sense, who would want to produce that?
and i know its earned its name through the tv show, but there is a live action dragon ball z movie - this will fail, much like the mortal kombat adaptation - however, Mortal Kombat are looking to right their wrongs as they are making a new film.

ill probably remember a couple right after i post this...
Quote by slashnmash
Sex is a brand of very tasty sweets, go ask your mother for some.
Quote by fli.pansy
oo.. i also remember, there is a rumor floating around about there being a saw game that is supposed to be released on the ps3 and the 360 in 2009

It's bad enough that the movie series won't die...

And to the other guy, yes there's actually a series of RE books. I got like half way through the first one before I got bored of it in like the 7th grade.
Quote by Ttenneb
this will fail, much like the mortal kombat adaptation - however, Mortal Kombat are looking to right their wrongs as they are making a new film.

ill probably remember a couple right after i post this...

Hey, the first Mortal Kombat movie was actually pretty good, the second one however was godawful, and worse than every Uwe Boll movie combined.

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2