Hey sorry if this isn't in the right place. I've been playing guitar since February and I've gotten to a point where I'm decent but I know that I need a more regimented practice schedule. I've started just going 1-2-3-4 on each string and then 4-3-2-1 back, but I'm looking for more exercises to do. I'd like to improve my finger strength in the short-term, if possible, but of course I need to improve accuracy and speed as well.

Any ideas? If you have any suggestions for amount of time for each exercise, that'd be great as well.

Thanks a lot
Last edited by rossnm at Oct 13, 2008,
Switch up the standard 1234 so you're doing as many different orders of fingers as you can; rolling is all very well and good but it has relatively limited applications.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by rossnm
Ok. What about scales or arpeggios?

If you want to learn theory start with Josh Urban's "The Crusade" series in the lessons section on here, just make sure you don't move from one concept on to the next until you understand the one you're looking at and also make sure you learn the notes of the fretboard.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ok great. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks. And I'll be sure to learn actual notes and theory.